Cleaning Rod

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big G

Any suggestions for a new cleaning rod suitable for 32 inch barrels.

Any suggestions for a new cleaning rod suitable for 32 inch barrels.
Yes, stick with an aluminium rod. I have several old wooden rods and the ferrules are loose on ALL of them. I have bought most of my cleaning rods second hand from various gun shops. I carry a 3 piece rod in the bottom of my range bag, also a small cleaning kit in the boot of my vehicle.  I do not recall ever using those rods on my guns, but they have been used on countless of other people's guns. 

Second thoughts, don't bother putting a rod in your range bag...........there is bound to be another mug like myself along in a minute  !      😀 

Yes, stick with an aluminium rod. I have several old wooden rods and the ferrules are loose on ALL of them. I have bought most of my cleaning rods second hand from various gun shops. I carry a 3 piece rod in the bottom of my range bag, also a small cleaning kit in the boot of my vehicle.  I do not recall ever using those rods on my guns, but they have been used on countless of other people's guns. 

Second thoughts, don't bother putting a rod in your range bag...........there is bound to be another mug like myself along in a minute  !      😀 
You know Wes, I’ve lost count of how many wooden rods I’ve had over the years and yes the ferrules do always go loose! You would think by now they would have thought of some way of rectifying that problem. 
I too have an aluminium rod, had it many years now, no idea what make it is, came from flea bay I think. 

I clean mine every time I've shot with them.always have.Its part of the enjoyment in my opinion

I must be very bad as I only clean the barrels now and again. Years ago I always cleaned the guns after every time they were used but I find modern cartridges don't present any problems SO FAR so I am a lazy sod but there it is.

Has anyone tried the Tipton rods?
No,  but I’ve got Pro Shot USA made rifle cleaning rods which also have the bearings in the handle and also cost silly money !  . In theory they are better in a rifled barrel as the rod rotates  when the patch engages the rifling   I doubt the feature would give much if any benefit in cleaning a shotgun .  Tipton and Pro Shot  are nice and ‘ trick’ though and look brilliant . If you do take the plunge be aware that you’ll need an adaptor to go from USA to standard  Parker Hale mops and brushes 

Latest posts

Back