Chokes - extended, ported or not?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you guys do with the end of the barrels that protection is needed?
I have seen someone trip and drop an unloaded gun on pavement (cart path).  It smushed the end of his extended choke, but the barrel "crown" was fine.  Can't say as much for the stock, tho.  

My very first lesson, I was told to slip the gun between stands, and not carry it on my shoulder....which I always do now.

A friend carries his on his shoulder as he think it looks cool, but very un-cool when picking it up off the ground.

Why anyone would think that a gun manufacturer would provide a choke tube that is somehow inferior to an aftermarket supplier has always baffled me.  OK - that's a lie.  I know why and it's just disappointing that people buy into BS in the hopes of buying a target here or there.

another well established myth AFAIC.  Clearly a descendant of the SxS flip mythology (which, as usual, is a phenomenon defying Newtonin physics).  It would be most satisfying to see a data driven study of the recoil differences between barrels.  Don't wait underwater for it tho since it will likely appear as part of the package with the studies on "tuned" barrels, backboring, and ports.

but all y'all have fun and keep those aftermarket folks in biz and the myths humming along.
Hi Charlie! You always did crack me up ! Keep it up. 👍😂

Back