Changed again

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't help wondering if those who find a Blaser a bit light might profit from enquiring of the owners what weights were in place, as one feature of these guns is a set of weights in the stock and under the fore-end which can be omitted or added or twiddled with at will.

As to the perceived beauty of any Krieghoff then all I can do is encourage a search on the matter on this very forum, where I'm sure someone referred to them as being "too much of the toolroom".
With a full set of stock and barrel weights my Blaser weighs nearly ten-pounds, I don't have them all one there I just did it as a test.  Mine is set-up just right for me but that's one of the best things about them.

You could take the weights out of the stock and have no weights on the barrel and it would very whippy.

Like most things in life, you pays your money and takes a chance, rightly or wrongly.

I have mine set up with one weight in the stock (they supply 2) and all the barrel weights - this suits my style. As bisondan says, one of the attractions of Blaser is the adjustability. I took some time to get this right early on and have found no reason to change since.

Funnily enough, I weighed it last week end following an enquiry after a friend had a few shots - 9lb 8ozs in current configuration.

Bisondan had a go with my K-80 and remarked how light it was. I wonder how many forum members that criticize K's have actually shot one. Regarding shotgun beauty I don't think there is a beautiful shot gun out here they all sort of look the same with K's standing out from the crowd. I mean look at all the 'Black series' guns out there all look a bit Baikalish and they charge you more for that. You buy what you like and what you can afford and hope you can shoot it well, any new gun has to be persevered with.

The F3 is prob one of the better balanced 32" multi choked guns out there , maybe why it tends to feel light ? handle extremely well and have brakes that work !!! haha,alot of shooters may ? feel the hinge pin is the perceived , balance point where I lean towards the center of the shooters palms ?? (just personal thing) .  

For me the stock weight needed to be as far forward as possible, no barrel weights, gun comes in at around 8lbs 3oz edging on slightly barrel heavy ?? ...I have a pattern on a sheet of 3/4 MDF for all my personal measurements, So everyone of my guns get adjusted to what suits me ?? when a gun is right it is shootable by 95% of shooters ,,,,how people pick guns up new off the shelf and think they fit them is amazing !!! everyone has slightly different styles and body,size, shape, etc ..if you can find one that suits all aspects of shooting , you are a very lucky person , my advise , learn a style that suits your physique, get the gun fitted to shoot to where YOU look, and learn to read what and where a target needs shooting ,!!!! the rest is in the head !! and please dont think a £10,000 gun and £240 per 1,000 shells will make you superman , ( might help but not enough to matter )  :smile:

Hold on Sian, we can't discuss fashion without our resident fashion guru.....................ips!!!!  Where is he when you need him!  :D
Probably making a list as we speak.  He'll catch up.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but I feel "impaired" is a little strong. 
That was a joke, son.  No, it wasn't.  Well, kinda.  I suppose that an assessment would be easier if I were less impaired.  but there it is

Bisondan had a go with my K-80 and remarked how light it was. I wonder how many forum members that criticize K's have actually shot one. Regarding shotgun beauty I don't think there is a beautiful shot gun out here they all sort of look the same with K's standing out from the crowd. I mean look at all the 'Black series' guns out there all look a bit Baikalish and they charge you more for that. You buy what you like and what you can afford and hope you can shoot it well, any new gun has to be persevered with.
Rosso's usual inane KG rant.  I persevered with a KG for about 50 targets (slow learner) and that was enough for me.  My wife only needed 25 to let her decide that she didn't need to be slapped around any more than that.  It's been my experience that if perseverance is required then a different gun is a better solution.

just sayin'

hold on what's going on here, tights and stuff what have I missed (I prefer stockings on my women folk anyway)

Rosso's usual inane KG rant.  I persevered with a KG for about 50 targets (slow learner) and that was enough for me.  My wife only needed 25 to let her decide that she didn't need to be slapped around any more than that.  It's been my experience that if perseverance is required then a different gun is a better solution.

just sayin'

I moved from a DT11 to a K80 late January, best thing I ever done!!! Immediate improvement in my shooting, my scores and my enjoyment of clay shooting. Having said that, I had a fair idea of how to set it up for me and how to shoot it...still tuning into the gun, average scores have climbed and are still climbing every time I shoot it!!!

That was a joke, son.  No, it wasn't.  Well, kinda.  I suppose that an assessment would be easier if I were less impaired.  but there it is

just sayin'
Here's an inane rant :- what utter bollox

I moved from a DT11 to a K80 late January, best thing I ever done!!! Immediate improvement in my shooting, my scores and my enjoyment of clay shooting. Having said that, I had a fair idea of how to set it up for me and how to shoot it...still tuning into the gun, average scores have climbed and are still climbing every time I shoot it!!!
Darkside in no way having a dig at your K80 but anything is an improvement on a DT11 they are a genuine shoite gun despite their cost. Re your K80 and scores. I noticed the same improvement in scores after getting my Perazzi, it is a great gun, but much of the score improvement I put down to the confidence I have gained using the gun.

Darkside in no way having a dig at your K80 but anything is an improvement on a DT11 they are a genuine shoite gun despite their cost. Re your K80 and scores. I noticed the same improvement in scores after getting my Perazzi, it is a great gun, but much of the score improvement I put down to the confidence I have gained using the gun.
:wacko:  Just how many DT11's have you owned then, how many shots have you had with one ? I've shot full rounds with them and they're very very hard to beat at new money, almost impossible I'd say at used money. I admit Beretta is stoopid with their low combs for this gun but get the right one and it'll be as good as anything at any price.

I spent the winter trying other guns, not many I liked to be honest or that anyway near fitted me...didn't like ANY Browning other than the Pro trap, had no love of CG, the only Beretta I would consider is a DT10, I've never had a hardon for a Perazzi, the only two I've liked were MX2000s's Colin Will's (shot it, nice, but I'd need to change the way I shoot) and another lad from the far North has one with a parallel comb, not shot his, but very nice, would need to change the way I shoot with his too...  shot well enough with a MK38 G5 trap, almost bought it...just didn't enjoy shooting it!!! 

The Krieghoff has trap woodwork and fits me, balance makes it feel MUCH lighter than what it weigh's, it lends itself to how I shoot...I picked it up, set the comb height and just shot well with it!!! I still have a habit of forgetting it's much livelier than the DT11 and tend to miss through excessive barrel speed/movement...but it's getting there :angel:

"Just how many DT11's have you owned then"

I have never owned one but I have tried several and know quite a few down here who bitterly, bitterly regret buying the ones they bought. Each to their own but as a trap gun I stick by my comment "they are shoite" but fine if all the balance and poise of a 2x4 is what you aspire to.

Back