Centeral Scotland Shooting School FITASC cancelled

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkside

The FITASC selection shoot at Centeral Scotland Shooting School this Sunday 31st March as been postponed as has the sporting shoot at the same venue the following week, Sunday 7th April. There are 8ft snow drifts covering much of the shooting ground and with current weather forecasts there is no hope of it shifting any time soon!!! Pass the word on.

central belt softies!!!!  a wee bit of snow and everything grinds to a halt eh?

seriously though, if i can't shoot on a sunday, i may have to find religion :rabbi:

Shot there on Sunday. There was little snow. The road, car park and all the ranges were absolutely clear of snow. No eight foot drifts to be found anywhere. The CSSS were at that time waiting for the organisers of the FITASC competition to contact them to confirm whether or not it was going ahead. I doubt very much that the weather played any part in this competition being cancelled.

Hmm...only repeating what I was told when I got a call yesterday to say it was cancelled :(

that's not helped my low-mood.......  i'm actually contemplating going to shoot the dtl registered at auchterhouse on the way up the road because the fitasc is off.  bad times!

Going to CSSS to pick up a gun tomorrow. WIll post an update on the conditions at the ground.

that would be great.  it's pretty frustrating as i've planned a trip to the dentist in glasgow around this round of the fitasc i've postponed other things as a result.  hey ho!

yeah, i guess.  in fairness he's a pretty talented dentist though and i quite like a trip to the weeg........

Today CSSS has had an inch or two of snow. The decision to postpone the FITASC shoot was based on the weather forecast over the next few days and the concern that the adverse weather conditions would affect the number of shooters.

SCCC borrow traps from Edith Barns to run the FITASC and sporting shoots, the hill and roads at Edith's shoot are really bad, too bad to get the traps off the hill. It is very unfortunate, but that is the situation :( Hopefully they can be re-arranged for later in the year. I'm looking at a three week layoff from shooting sporting/FITASC unless I make the 3+ hour drive to the Dell on the 14th, I'm not driving all the way up there again myself!!! I did think of going to Worsley (Manchester) on Monday, I could drive there quicker than the Dell...but I ain't going there on my own either!!!

James, there is a Charity All round at NASG this weekend on the 30th you could go to, just noticed it appear on the SCTA site.

Anyone want a FITASC at NASG on the 7th?

I agree with you capt B but it wasnt me who picked the discplines, but just think of OT as sporting dtl!

Ok, some of the regulars have been asking so just tell them there is a 50 FITASC on the 7th April

Back