Caterham 1.7.12

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

Not a bad shoot at Caterham today. A few too many single trap stands, but I know they do this..

Nothing was stupid but there were some challenging stands. I started well enough, dropping about 5 birds in the first 50. Half way round was a stand that was fooling most; even Mark Marshall who dropped 4. A sim pair of R-L orange, with tricky angles and a bit of distance, which I managed a 9/10 on. Missed the last bird `making sure`.

A couple of tatty stands and I was 11 away going on to the last, number 1 in the car park. OK it wasnt easy, but 5 pairs and I blanked it!!!!!!!!! First thing like that in years. I even got a new shooter in front of me to hit them, but couldnt do it myself. I was in front- and then gave it more in hindsight. Plonker, so 79, ending a decent run of late for me.

Ho, Hum, EJC reg on Thursday to look forward to..

CSC3

CSC3

I had a nightmear with them 2 R-L orange , only hit 2 :cry: think i over leeed them

9 on them was very good

Blank on a stand sounds rough, rough target setting if you ask me. They seem to think the car park stand should be set so as to be unstraightable.

It was tough, but really should have hit a 4 at least. The first bird was very high and edge on. If only turned and showed face when it was hard to see against the green backdrop. No idea!

The second bird was a r-l crosser below your feet, 30 yards out. A bit tough to pick up. Not too bad, I just overlead it.

I doubt many straighted it though!

CSC3

cant believe you blanked stand 1 clever the way you have been shooting lately I watched you shoot it think you may have been infront of first not sure about the second difficult to see down the bank first bird I let just turn at top & shot its nose second wanted about 2 foot & a bit under I missed 1 of each

I was well in front of both! Just shows that brain-fade can happen anytime! If I had stood 20 yards back I would have done ok.. :))

3 single arm stands, i thought, was a bit boring. The sim pair of orange crossers was a bit more tasty. Decided to go for the back one first and quick which worked a treat on the first pair then couldn't do it again. Stand 1 is always my nemesis whether i shoot it first or last, have blanked it once and rarely shoot more than half of them. Only 4 /10 today. Kept giving the first one too much. But I still like stand one because it gives you a rare opportunity to shoot down onto targets. Not a common presentation in the grounds I go too

Back