Castellani gun cover

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dog Tyred

Saw a chap at Rugby with a lightweight Castellani gun cover (light weight fabric with no zips, handles, etc but not one of these elasticated sock type things) and thought this would be very useful for protecting the gun without resorting to a full gun slip.

Checked out the website and they don't seem to do them anymore? Anybody know where I could get one?

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
DT - I ordered one recently from http://www.castellani-uk.com/ - it is not on the site, but I emailed John Heading and asked them. 

This is the response I got:

[SIZE=11pt]HI MATT
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt] 
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Thank you for your e-mail
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Yes we have the gun covers in burgundy, blue, mustard green cost £35.00 plus P&P £3.50
[/SIZE]

Saw a chap at Rugby with a lightweight Castellani gun cover (light weight fabric with no zips, handles, etc but not one of these elasticated sock type things) and thought this would be very useful for protecting the gun without resorting to a full gun slip.

Checked out the website and they don't seem to do them anymore? Anybody know where I could get one?

DT
Hi Greg, I did the same as Matt, got one from John Heading, I think they all have a small zip on them though. They are quite well made and do the job well enough.

Oh - and I have 30inch barrels with a short extended choke (about an inch) and it is just about long enough... and I'd imagine a very 'high' stock might struggle in it...

but I used it quite a lot, especially for those days where I don't want to carry a big gunslip (or like yesterday where I forgot my gunslip!)

Oh - and I have 30inch barrels with a short extended choke (about an inch) and it is just about long enough... and I'd imagine a very 'high' stock might struggle in it...

but I used it quite a lot, especially for those days where I don't want to carry a big gunslip (or like yesterday where I forgot my gunslip!)
Matt I think they do a bigger version that takes those funny high rib set ups, so it may also take some of those high stocks too. At least with these slips you can actually carry the gun open and covered, which is difficult with a normal slip!!

I have one I got from john at the shooting show small zip and draw cord at top. I use it to cover my gun when I put it away in the cabinet cos I'm so clumbsy and keep twanging the wood and this saves it. 32" high rib fits nice

www.proshock.co.uk

utterings.co.uk also do socks, as well as loads of other gun slip styles etc, very reasonably priced

Back