Car Break In

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GavB

Went to the car this morning only to find some bugger has got in and ransacked the passenger area and cleaned out the boot, no sign of entry. Police did indicate that they a while ago  pulled a known crim with a bunch fobs in an area not too far away. Apparently randomly targeting various areas?

Nicked cartridges, shooting bag containing all my gear including chokes and prescription glasses and license.

All relevant authorities notified , Firearms Department and Basc very helpful.

Lesson learned, 

Happy new year :angry:

Just in case anyone sees some cheap gear doing the rounds

One Musto vest, blue,homemade Fitasc Line

Set of four chokes 3 x Victory 1 x Teague

Mac wet Gloves, black

Prescription insert Hidef Specs with three lenses 

Black shooting bag with two cloth badges sewn in

Set of waterproofs blue top black trousers, golf ones

Green musto shooting jacket

250 Comp x still in box

Green Electronic Ear defenders

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad luck!

Rotten little scroat could do with sorting out with a cat o' nine tails then perhaps might be deterred from doing it again!

In Scotland if a known thief is in the area of a recently commited crime he can be charged with a KT, It is a Known Thief charge, he does not need to have any stuff on him or have left any DNA at the crime scene, he is automatically remanded in custody and sent for sentencing. Sometimes it's a case of rough justice but mostly it gets the guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few years ago, I owned a Ford Sierra and I made the mistake of leaving some of my birdwatching gear in the "boot" section. One night, a toerag put in the  rear passenger window and took an expensive spotting scope and some Goretex wet weather gear. This happened at night while we were at sleep, on road with terraced housing (most of our neighbours have their main bedrooms on the front of the house) and no one heard a thing. The police were great and a SOCO visited later that morning, but found nothing. The insurance covered most of the losses, but the inconvenience stuck in my throat. The window needed replacing, the car needed a thorough cleaning with the broken glass and fingerprint dust and I had to take time of work to sort this out.

But what really gets me is that the thief was never caught and the goods never recovered and I know that the scum that did this could quite happily be walking past, smirking.

This a long winded way of saying that I do really sympathise with you. We are quite paranoid now about leaving stuff in the car now.

Low life scum.

Succinct enough ?

Good news update

Young police officer knocked on the door and someone reported some stuff in their garden 100 yards down the road on a drive way between hedge and parked car, my shooting stuff and license and carts all found although all tipped out over the floor. It appears they may of been scared during the search through the items and legged it?

My prescription sunglasses various items from dash board and sports bag still missing.

Also found a wrapped up chocolate cake among my belongings?????

But the main thing is the Shooting gear has been recovered.

Now to inform all the relevant authorities.

Sorry to hear that, what a way to start a new year.

I've got several skeet vests and only wear one, so if you are medium let me know and I'll stick one in the post to you FOC.

Iggy.

Sorry to hear that, what a way to start a new year. I've got several skeet vests and only wear one, so if you are medium let me know and I'll stick one in the post to you FOC. Iggy.
Thats very kind of you Iggy

all recovered minus some odds and sods that doesn't come up to much more than my Insurance Excess

Can I add that BASC and Firearms Dept and Police were excellent

Thats very kind of you Iggy

all recovered minus some odds and sods that doesn't come up to much more than my Insurance Excess

Can I add that BASC and Firearms Dept and Police were excellent
No problem at all Gavin, very glad to hear you've been able to recover your gear.

Glad to hear you've got your shooting stuff back, I just wonder if most toerags steal for their own gain or something that will turn a quick buck. Makes me think that the shooting stuff was "too hot to handle" in that they would find it difficult turning it into cash or scared that penalties may be higher if firearms are involved.

They are just arses. Nick first, look later. I once found a bag in the woods, with a blokes working life in it (no interest to anybody else). Just tossed after they nicked the £10 from it. I dried all the papers out and cleaned it up. Contacted they guy, he was very grateful (bottle of wine). It had been nicked from his car.

not a bad result in the end, could of been a lot worse i suppose, sitting in waiting for the fingerprint chap at present,

wasted a day on the phone and emailing various people and I had an appointment with Ed Lyons today which has now been rescheduled

catch up soon  TeePee

Steve k you may be right my license was taken out of its wallet and and left open they could of just looked quickly at the police logo, the cartridges were not open

These people are tw**s of the first order.

Should be flogged at their local footie match as half time entertainment.

Glad you got most of your stuff back Gavin.  Still, the hassle is a pain in the butt regardless!

Back