C.P.S.A. Fees

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldblaster

Recently returned to shooting after 16 year lay off, naturally went to join the C.P.S.A. but can't remember the joining fees being so expensive £64 a year or in my case £54 what do I get for it? Apart from insurance, most of the shoot near me are not registered, and the one's the are you can still enter but not in the competition. Perhaps if the price was a little more reasonable more people would feel inclined to join, like me.

I joined the CPSA before I got my SG certificate, as I thought it may help my application, which it did. As a new shooter and not interested in reg comps, I have only joined as a Clubman, £44. Gets me the public liability insurance and personnel accident. Probably have a look at some alternatives next year

I've just had my renewal notice through (for two of us!). Personally I do take advantage of all the services a full membership provides as I shoot comp regularly and we get two copies of Pull :)  Can I opt not to receive any copies of the magazine and get a discount??

Still, for the price of a box of cartridges a month the cost isn't that bad I guess?  Can I pay monthly :)

DT

Recently returned to shooting after 16 year lay off, naturally went to join the C.P.S.A. but can't remember the joining fees being so expensive £64 a year or in my case £54 what do I get for it? Apart from insurance, most of the shoot near me are not registered, and the one's the are you can still enter but not in the competition. Perhaps if the price was a little more reasonable more people would feel inclined to join, like me.
Why do you get it for £54.00?

You can shoot birds only at registered and still get a classification. Just no money if you win.

Bit like the game fair. The less that go the more expensive it gets.

Join the WCTSA, many have. It's cheaper with all the same benefits.

If i remember correctly a few years ago the CPSA increased their annual fee to help pay for thr rebranding to the CTSA which never happened . No refund and the yearly fee never came back down .

I don't live in Wales so no point in joining. Plus I already have 10 million public liability insurance for work. Probably end up joining the C.P.S.A. In the end!

Apart from the Public Liability Insurance and Accident Cover you also get Licence Revocation Insurance as a full member with upto £50k in legal costs if your shotgun certficate was refused on renewal etc. You also get classified in the registered shoots so will compete in your own class for trophies/cash etc and  PULL magazine 10 times a year so not bad really for £54 (Veteran rate).

Apart from the Public Liability Insurance and Accident Cover you also get Licence Revocation Insurance as a full member with upto £50k in legal costs if your shotgun certficate was refused on renewal etc. You also get classified in the registered shoots so will compete in your own class for trophies/cash etc and  PULL magazine 10 times a year so not bad really for £54 (Veteran rate).
yes I agree really, when The novelty wear's off a bit, and I get tired of blasting all my spare cash up in the air, I'll come round!

Richard the licence revocation cover is farcical, if we behave ourselves as we should there will be no need to revoke our licence's and if we are innocent BASC legal team will do a far better job.

Pull magazine is too shiny and hard, to be of any use it needs to be printed on tissue paper, but then knowing the printers who publish it , the ink would run.

I don't need to know my classification as I can count and I don't wish to enter poor events so I avoid any with a CPSA connection.

Put in to context £64 per year is hardly a huge amount of money, compared to say the cost of shells or entry to a shoot. It's £4.92 per month or slightly more than ONE pint of beer, and you are insured for Clay shooting and this lot:

• Game Shooting

• Rough Shooting

• Rifle Shooting

• Air Weapons Shooting (including FAC)

• Wildfowling

• Stalking

• Beating

• Picking up

• Vermin and Pest Control

• Loading, including Black Powder

• Angling from Dry Land (including Wading)

I don't live in Wales so no point in joining. Plus I already have 10 million public liability insurance for work. Probably end up joining the C.P.S.A. In the end!
Nor do many of their members. I know plenty of English shooters, partiularly in counties that neighbour Wales that are WCTSA members.

Put in to context £64 per year is hardly a huge amount of money, compared to say the cost of shells or entry to a shoot. It's £4.92 per month or slightly more than ONE pint of beer, and you are insured for Clay shooting and this lot:

• Game Shooting

• Rough Shooting

• Rifle Shooting

• Air Weapons Shooting (including FAC)

• Wildfowling

• Stalking

• Beating

• Picking up

• Vermin and Pest Control

• Loading, including Black Powder

• Angling from Dry Land (including Wading)
None of which I do! :)

Irrelevant if you do them or not, your car insurance probably covers some things you probably wont need either.

The cold hard facts of shooting are:

It IS an expensive hobby

Not everyone can shoot, but we all enjoy having a go at it

We are a minority sport

Cartridges are cheap, even the most expensive ones, WHEN you consider what goes in to them and how they are made

Legislation will never be on our side

Governing bodies are generally run by empire builders and are therefore self serving

Guns are expensive, even cheap ones, and this is a good thing

Grounds need to make a living, gone are the days of shooting for peanuts

If you can't afford to shoot get another job or stop moaning about the fact you have chosen an expensive hobby

We live in 2014 and not 1973 when cartriidges were given out free and you could win a shoot on 68 ex 100 and everyone thought you were John Wayne

You have choices, quite literally, shoot don't shoot, join the CPSA don't join the CPSA, buy expensive cartridges, buy cheap cartridges - its your CHOICE...

But always remember, it is YOUR hobby, you do it because you enjoy it so get out there spend your money on what you enjoy, you can't take it with you and you are a long time dead...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back