Broken bead on B725 S1 / Browning Warranty

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAVE_B

Hi all, a bit of guidance required.

I was out at a local shoot today, finished shooting was giving my gun a quick wipe over with a gun cloth prior to it going in to the slip for the drive home and the bead simply pulled off under the cloth. I managed to salvage the bead but after inspection it seems to have snapped off although there was no evidence of an impact. I guess it will be covered by the warranty. Has anyone any experience with Browning warranties? I see that you need to go back to a dealer, can I use a closer dealer than the one I bought it from? Any idea what repair turn round times are like?

I assume the broken part of the bead in the rib will need to be drilled out. Anyone got any guidance re this sort of problem!

Your comments always appreciated!

Dave, I would try and get the broken bit out, gently. Tap it anticlockwise with a nail tip? (There are more proper methods, but only in engineering premises).

Then contact Browning for them to just post you a new bead. Can't believe they would charge you.

Or, leave it! Who needs a bead!

Personally, blow on it, throw it over your left shoulder for luck, then forget it was ever there :D Otherwise, same as Clever. Beads are pence on flea-bay, if you can get the old bit out that is.

A similar thing happened to me last year on a brand new Guerini.

I was extremely tempted to tackle it myself but decided to take it to a local gunsmith who drilled out the original stud and replaced it with a new bead. The whole thing cost me a tenner and was good as new but could have cost a lot more had I messed it up myself to start with.

Good luck with it and hope you get it sorted either way.

Iggy

Hi all, a bit of guidance required.

I was out at a local shoot today, finished shooting was giving my gun a quick wipe over with a gun cloth prior to it going in to the slip for the drive home and the bead simply pulled off under the cloth. I managed to salvage the bead but after inspection it seems to have snapped off although there was no evidence of an impact. I guess it will be covered by the warranty. Has anyone any experience with Browning warranties? I see that you need to go back to a dealer, can I use a closer dealer than the one I bought it from? Any idea what repair turn round times are like?

I assume the broken part of the bead in the rib will need to be drilled out. Anyone got any guidance re this sort of problem!

Your comments always appreciated!
Dave,

The warranty is valid at any Browning dealer, it does not have to be the one you bought it from. 

Without seeing the gun, I would say that so long as there is no obvious impact point/damage then it should be covered under warranty (- regardless of whether you actually want the bead or not before anyone shoots me down) - it may be as well to have it repaired and then remove the bead if you don't actually want it, although I assume you do otherwise this question would not have arisen! :hi:

Phil

Cheers Phil, I am keen to get it sorted but will probably end up without the bead installed. Dave

Seems like a lot of hassle claiming warranty for a couple of pounds worth of bead. If you cant poke the the thing out with a sharp item (as someone allready advised) then take it too the nearest gunshop who I am sure will have a trick up there sleeve and have the offending bit out in the time it takes you to look at the gun rack. "Just give us a tenner" will probably be the end result and off you go.

ips you are, as usual, correct :smile:

I was just stating his legal position.

Sent from my Desire HD using tapatalk 2

ips you are, as usual, correct :smile:

I was just stating his legal position.

Sent from my Desire HD using tapatalk 2
Cheers Phil, 

My post was general of course and not in reply to anyone specific. You are of course correct re the warranty.

regards - Ian  

clever

I love you too ... :)

I like a polite exchange on a monday morning :)

you just cant win ............... if your rude you get told off and if your pleasant and polite you get stick ...... I give up :)

Well, you were all right! Spoke with Browning and while covered by warranty it was going to be a pain in the ***! So spoke with my local gunsmith and will take the gun in this afternoon for them to have a look and will then go from there, they have the bead in stock ( if I want it re-fitted) and will look at the two options - tease the screw out or drill it out! Watch this space....

Good plan, shoot some 36g through it that will shift it. :)

Hi All, Thanks for the response. Well it's now SORTED.  As I mentioned I phoned my local and very obliging Gunsmith Lee of L.W. Butlers in West Wycombe (near High Wycombe, Bucks); I arranged to take it in at 3 this afternoon so they could take a look. As I expected it wasn't straight forward but 20 minutes later I walked out with the broken stud removed and a new identical bead installed and with a simple payment of £10.
good.gif

I could ask for nothing more and would once again highly recommend Lee's services. 
yahoo.gif

At least I now have the option to remove/refit the bead as I want  :whistle:

Latest posts

Back