British Open Sporting 2018

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's just not a big enough sport to have that type of thing.  I don't follow Formula 1, I am occasionally present in the room when Tony has a race on but I still know whose who and what is going on in terms of whose in the lead for the ultimate accolade.  Doesn't work with shooting unfortunately does it,  even if you were to be able to have that sort of competition.

A bit of bad luck last season I think with some of the major shoots making a farce out of it all but on the whole usually they are a good day out, good targets, good friends and some people win at the end of the day(s).
Its a BIG enough sport, by far. Its just not followed by spectators, so is not endowed with sponsorship. Sadly its rubbish on TV

F1 was a poor analogy because its like nothing else on earth. $500,000,000 and a team of 1500 people to run a winning two car team! Stratospheric! A better analogy was the Kart racing I did as a teen. Similar scene to shooting; a bit dearer, but still keen amateurs. The world championship allowed just 6 drivers from each country who had to fund their own expenses, but because the ability to make the team was so rare and tough, it had a great kudos. Anyway, shooting will be what it is. Its not bad. But you'll never please 1000 people at one event that's for sure.

I have to agree mostly  with everything that has been said so far in this debate.

I do think it is wrong for some competitors to have numerous bites at the cherry , Junior , class, Lady , class, Veteran, class, etc and think that you should declare what class / category , you wish to compete in on entry , but that in itself would cause unrest with  the  naysayers.

I think it was an absolute travesty of justice that G. Digweed Esquire walked away empty handed from the British Open , although no doubt lots of people disagree.

I think the fairest result is best score on the course and to hell with the weather conditions.

What I do object to strongly is 'celebrity ' names being allowed to just turn up and shoot without prior booking , whilst clubmen are denied a start .

I think there would be some merit in having a series of National Qualifiers for AA & A class competitors + a small number of 'wildcard ' entries shooting for 'The British Open' & 'The English  Open' titles on Super Sunday . Surely that would give us a true Champion?

I have to agree mostly  with everything that has been said so far in this debate.

I do think it is wrong for some competitors to have numerous bites at the cherry , Junior , class, Lady , class, Veteran, class, etc and think that you should declare what class / category , you wish to compete in on entry , but that in itself would cause unrest with  the  naysayers.

I think it was an absolute travesty of justice that G. Digweed Esquire walked away empty handed from the British Open , although no doubt lots of people disagree.

I think the fairest result is best score on the course and to hell with the weather conditions.

What I do object to strongly is 'celebrity ' names being allowed to just turn up and shoot without prior booking , whilst clubmen are denied a start .

I think there would be some merit in having a series of National Qualifiers for AA & A class competitors + a small number of 'wildcard ' entries shooting for 'The British Open' & 'The English  Open' titles on Super Sunday . Surely that would give us a true Champion?
Who is a celebrity in our sport?

Jeremy , 

Do your research and check out who just turned up and shot . ( friend of Harry Enfield 'loads of dosh ' bish bash bosh)

I have to say I agree with what's being said , I for one wouldn't expect any of my sons if they qualify in juniors to be able to collect A or B medals .

i will have a word on this point 

Otherwise be rest assured I will put on a great week of shooting , sportrap , catering and pool shoots .

ive already started contacting companies about exhibits etc etc 

I have to say I agree with what's being said , I for one wouldn't expect any of my sons if they qualify in juniors to be able to collect A or B medals .

i will have a word on this point 

Otherwise be rest assured I will put on a great week of shooting , sportrap , catering and pool shoots .

ive already started contacting companies about exhibits etc etc 
I’m confused. I thought that if you qualified for the final in category then you’d only be shooting for a placing in that category, not your class?

Jeremy , 

Do your research and check out who just turned up and shot . ( friend of Harry Enfield 'loads of dosh ' bish bash bosh)
What?

You want me to look through the entries then check through the scores to see who wasn't booked on?

Why don't you just say who you are about rather than cloak and dagger rubbish?

I don't read the red tops nor do I watch trash TV but I seem to remember something about her being arrested for assaulting one of her toyboys, so it's likely her licence was revoked.
the little minx.

Jeremy Baker said :-

" What?

You want me to look through the entries then check through the scores to see who wasn't booked on?

Why don't you just say who you are about rather than cloak and dagger rubbish? "

No Jeremy , I have said more than enough already so I won't bother.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't read the red tops nor do I watch trash TV but I seem to remember something about her being arrested for assaulting one of her toyboys, so it's likely her licence was revoked.
It wasn’t 

Latest posts

Back