Best Recoil pad and somebody to fit it?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There you go then, so you could speak to Dave and get the adjustable system for it, so you can set the new gun up in a similar way.

Just bought the 23mm version for my Miroku Trap gun.  I use it for Sporting Clays (Balance is spot on on this gun), but with the heavily concaved recoil pad, it catches my jacket when shooting, gun out of the shoulder. 

On another note, I have been slowly adding weight to my Browning to get the balance right.  I had to add 14oz of lead to the stock to get the balance 5mm behind the pin!!!!!  How bad was that!!

Just bought the 23mm version for my Miroku Trap gun.  I use it for Sporting Clays (Balance is spot on on this gun), but with the heavily concaved recoil pad, it catches my jacket when shooting, gun out of the shoulder. 

On another note, I have been slowly adding weight to my Browning to get the balance right.  I had to add 14oz of lead to the stock to get the balance 5mm behind the pin!!!!!  How bad was that!!
That is a lot but then a lot of guns are poorly balanced off the shelf.

Just bought the 23mm version for my Miroku Trap gun. I use it for Sporting Clays (Balance is spot on on this gun), but with the heavily concaved recoil pad, it catches my jacket when shooting, gun out of the shoulder.

On another note, I have been slowly adding weight to my Browning to get the balance right. I had to add 14oz of lead to the stock to get the balance 5mm behind the pin!!!!! How bad was that!!
14oz? It must have been a Cynergy! Unless the weight was added deep / forward into the stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
The gun is a Browning Prestige 525 Gd 5 Sporter, 32".  As the Access hole in the stock is only 15mm Dia, I am limited to the size of lead that goes into the stock.  The mass is as far back as the recoil pad, but 14ozs, nonetheless is a lot of weight and some of that is quite deep in the stock.  Gun feels heavy, but light on the swing now (Not unlike my Miroku Mk38 trap). 

Ah, yes the 32 is famously barrel heavy. Personally, I would probably now like the gun you have. Balanced a bit behind the pin and weighing 8.7lbs? Nice.

Thats it on the Button.  8.7lbs. I know that most sporters are barrel heavy, but my Teagued Miroku trap is balanced spot on.  It was fixed choke until it got Teagued ;-)  As the Browning only has the 11mm pad, the extra weight will be a boon for absorbing the recoil of fast cartridges.  Mind you, the change from the horrible hard plastic pad to the green 11mm pad was a large improvement.  Looking forward to the Green pad coming for my Miroku!

As I said before, I have already purchased the adjustable system Isis, just waiting for the gun, I don't need anyone to set it up for me.  :gamer:  

As I said before, I have already purchased the adjustable system Isis, just waiting for the gun, I don't need anyone to set it up for me.  :gamer:  
Oh, I didn't know that is what you meant as they are two different things.  The ISIS2 is a recoil reducer and the adjustable pad is..something else that can also be fitted to the ISIS, then you need a pad on the back which obviously most people go for one of Daves green ones.

The best recoil reduction will be a good fitting and suitable gun. Good stance and sound gun mount.

The best stock pad to compliment the above is a Beretta Micro-Core

The best recoil reduction will be a good fitting and suitable gun. Good stance and sound gun mount.

The best stock pad to compliment the above is a Beretta Micro-Core
Totally agree with line 1. Not sure about line 2.. Depends what you want from a pad. I think green Isis is unbeatable for lack of bounce and muzzle flip..

I have a well fitting gun suitable for clays, also have good stance and sound gun mount but it still beat me up enough to cause fatigue and headaches till I had an ISIS and now better still a PFS. Fit and mechanical recoil reducers are two separate things.

I have a well fitting gun suitable for clays, also have good stance and sound gun mount but it still beat me up enough to cause fatigue and headaches till I had an ISIS and now better still a PFS. Fit and mechanical recoil reducers are two separate things.
Exactly, it's like; being a "driving" Instructor and knowing everything about "cars"... two totally different things.

I usually get the 'murmurings' of a bad head around 150+ cartridges.  I use a set of sonic in-ear ear defenders.  Without them I am dead in the water after a small round.  Comes from my days as the son of a Gamekeeper I am afraid.   Another reason I am looking forward to my Green pad being fitted to my Miroku.  The vented pad 'bounces' not like the ISIS Green pad on the Browning.  But it will be interesting to see how my Browning shoots now with that extra 14oz of weight in the stock!!  I fancy shooting some fast 24gm loads again......like the old gamebore XLR's in 8's.  Lovely to shoot and easy on the shoulder too!  With tight enough chokes they will break anything within reason.

PFS ?

Sure. To clarify, the mount comment is mainly about beginners. Standing with the weight back and having only half the butt pad contact (the wrong part of) your body makes for a very perceived thump and usually a bruise. So recoil is a two-part thing; firstly for physical comfort, secondly for gun control. My mate shoots a gun with a solid butt plate and is a good shot, happy as Larry. But he stands and mounts well. I never (in recent years) had an issue with recoil comfort either, but I recently fitted an Isis to control muzzle flip and to unsettle me as little as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back