Best gun for young female

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all my holidays are shooting ones! ?
Get yerself on a bloomin cruise Girl, I have lived for almost 12 months without a bloomin gun in me ands, if I can do it well...say no more !    :afro:

Oh, and I need an aircut too !

I've recently started teaching my girlfriends daughter who is 14 and also about 5' tall, she's shooting a beretta 686 trap with 30" barrels. I've had the stock fitted with an adjustable comb and had it Teague choked. She has no problem at all with the weight or recoil (24gram shells) and is doing very well with it. My advice would be to get her a gun that she will be keeping for some time and get it fitted properly. It doesn't need to break the bank all in Evie's gun cost me about £1000 

I've recently started teaching my girlfriends daughter who is 14 and also about 5' tall, she's shooting a beretta 686 trap with 30" barrels. I've had the stock fitted with an adjustable comb and had it Teague choked. She has no problem at all with the weight or recoil (24gram shells) and is doing very well with it. My advice would be to get her a gun that she will be keeping for some time and get it fitted properly. It doesn't need to break the bank all in Evie's gun cost me about £1000 
., had to laugh at your post Adam as it freaked me out a little as I couldn't understand how you knew my daughters name, then I realised your daughter must be called Evie as well. :oops: :lol:

I was also looking in to Teagues for the silver pigeon that I've ordered for my Evie which made it doubly weird! .  

Funnily enough I am in the near future having an adjustable stock conversion as I need a little extra height and it is possible.  Just got to part with my gun for a few weeks and I am finding that very difficult to do!
Sian, I have heard a good few reports from friends about the stocker Simon wilmore at doveridge, he turns an adjustable stock job round in just 2-3 days. I believe you can post him the stock on its own too...

you could post post it out next day delivery on a Monday, and have it back before the weekend! ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Simon at Doveridge is who I send any non Krieghoff work to. Great bloke top class work, cheap and won't hang around!

That is good to know.  I shall look into that for perhaps after the Christmas period is  over.

Surely THIS (ie ALL of the above) is what this Forum is all about. What a great source of info and help, top rate effort.

Well finally I'm parting with Lola May's stock and it is all wrapped up and cushioned in foam stuff nestled in a sturdy box ready to send off to Simon Willmore at Doveriedge tomorrow.  Looking forward to getting it back, plastic comb raiser and electricians tape now getting on my nerves as the tape seems to move during a shoot and the comb slips ever so slightly but it makes a big difference.  I'm hoping that is what my problem has been over the last few shoots.

Well finally I'm parting with Lola May's stock and it is all wrapped up and cushioned in foam stuff nestled in a sturdy box ready to send off to Simon Willmore at Doveriedge tomorrow.  Looking forward to getting it back, plastic comb raiser and electricians tape now getting on my nerves as the tape seems to move during a shoot and the comb slips ever so slightly but it makes a big difference.  I'm hoping that is what my problem has been over the last few shoots.
I had my beretta stock built up with tape and paper towels for 14 months before getting an adjustable comb fitted...the final straw was at the Troy foods, in the rain, the 'temporary comb' got damp and squashed down, pain it the arse!!!

I had my beretta stock built up with tape and paper towels for 14 months before getting an adjustable comb fitted...the final straw was at the Troy foods, in the rain, the 'temporary comb' got damp and squashed down, pain it the arse!!!
isn't it!  Noticed at Grange on Sunday after missing usual hits, a very subtle change in angle on the comb raiser and that really didn't help me at all.  Not good enough yet to compensate for such things and it really was a pain in the arse.

isn't it!  Noticed at Grange on Sunday after missing usual hits, a very subtle change in angle on the comb raiser and that really didn't help me at all.  Not good enough yet to compensate for such things and it really was a pain in the arse.
You don't realise it's happening until you've missed a barrow load of clays that looked 'dead'...get the comb done!!!

Glad to hear you're taking the plunge! As I said before, im sure Simon will have it back to you in no time! 

Let us know how you get on. :)

Glad to hear you're taking the plunge! As I said before, im sure Simon will have it back to you in no time! 

Let us know how you get on. :)
Well got my stock back today and it's back on and set up to where we think it should be but will be out on Saturday with Tony to see how I am with it.  So excited.  Mr Willmore said a bit tricky being such a small stock but he's done a grand job and very quick.

Well got my stock back today and it's back on and set up to where we think it should be but will be out on Saturday with Tony to see how I am with it.  So excited.  Mr Willmore said a bit tricky being such a small stock but he's done a grand job and very quick.
 Fantastic!

so, 1 week turnaround door to door? Good for you! I'm sure you will see the benefit soon enough. Happy shooting! :)

Back