Beretta UGB25 Xcel

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Santa2512

Finally saw one of these in the flesh at the weekend, and managed to have a quick play

First saw it in one of the shooting Mags a few month's ago,  and being the  curve ball geek that i am, was instantly interested.

It's definitely a double Marmite gun,  not only is is a semi,  its unique style will not appeal to the purists

Weight wise its a heavy old beast,  weighing abut the same as my  current Beretta O/U

Size wise its a 30 inch barrel, with a high rib,  but due to the long receiver its about a 32inch

How does it shoot ?? 

Very well :) , virtually no recoil from the 28G load pair i shot,  and no major mechanical shunting, from cycling the 2nd shell. 

clean kills on the going away pair i tried ... 

As a back to back, i tried a standard semi auto straight after,  

The difference was extremely noticeable, very thumpy with the usual mechanical shenanigans that go with a semi auto

Would i have one ..... yes :)   , but i doubt I'd be as lucky to pick one up for the price its current owner got it for  .

:santa:

Finally saw one of these in the flesh at the weekend, and managed to have a quick play

First saw it in one of the shooting Mags a few month's ago,  and being the  curve ball geek that i am, was instantly interested.

It's definitely a double Marmite gun,  not only is is a semi,  its unique style will not appeal to the purists

Weight wise its a heavy old beast,  weighing abut the same as my  current Beretta O/U

Size wise its a 30 inch barrel, with a high rib,  but due to the long receiver its about a 32inch

How does it shoot ??

Very well :) , virtually no recoil from the 28G load pair i shot,  and no major mechanical shunting, from cycling the 2nd shell.

clean kills on the going away pair i tried ...

As a back to back, i tried a standard semi auto straight after, 

The difference was extremely noticeable, very thumpy with the usual mechanical shenanigans that go with a semi auto

Would i have one ..... yes :)   , but i doubt I'd be as lucky to pick one up for the price its current owner got it for  .

:santa:
Perfect,   a semi auto built for Trap !

They've had really mixed reviews and the early ones got slammed for build quality and reliability. 

That said, I saw one being used at Northall a couple of years ago and quite fancied the quirkiness of it.

I'm with you on this one. There is something strangely appealing about them despite the negative reviews. I too have shot one and wasn't disappointed, my concern would be after sales back up from GMK, particularly given the recalls and reports of unreliability.  

There's few for sale nationally and are becoming a bit of a collectors item. I'm sure they're a gun that will make money over time. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I sold a few early on, they were direct imports from Italy, before GMK brought any in, nice to shoot and fine once they had the mods done to them, to stop the bolt falling out....

I had one, good fun in a quirky sort of way but the only gun I have ever owned which could fall apart whilst locked in a gunsafe, bits fell off or disconnected every time I used it.

flamin orrible great lump. I am saddened that it carries a Beretta badge.

I had a couple of shots with one of these a few years ago. http://www.cosmi.net<ukhome

Very complicated but beautifully engineered, the most interesting shotgun I have seen.

Regards

Leigh 

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got 2 trap versions had 1 for sale on gun trader after 2 months of time wasters decided to keep both ? Definitely as said a marmite gun I love them some hate them and yes the early versions did have some problems gmk replaced my 1st gun for a new later made version  as long as you use a decent 24-28g cartridge they are fine 

Brilliant gun. If your a trap shooter and suffering from recoil, injury or neck problems a UGB is the way forward.

Nearly all are now sorted GMK replaced all the early ones. The one thing i have noticed the price is starting to go up Lovely.  :rolleyes:

Les will have an opinion in a min . 

Brilliant gun. If your a trap shooter and suffering from recoil, injury or neck problems a UGB is the way forward.

Nearly all are now sorted GMK replaced all the early ones. The one thing i have noticed the price is starting to go up Lovely.  :rolleyes:

Les will have an opinion in a min . 
Orrible looking things!  :lol:

Don't give a toss as long as it does not spread shoite about the stand... semi auto's messy F'n things.

Latest posts

Back