Beretta A300 Outlander

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sp1boy

I recently bought one of these new semi's from beretta. Bought it to shoot the Benelli Auto Champs in May.

Cracking gun for the money. Put around 450 carts through it in first few days, never missed a beat.

Light feeling, nice to swing and low recoil. I bought the 30" which is quite long. ( Had to buy a new cabinet to put it in :) )

Anyone else sampled the delight ?

Not as such, but recently found the auto Ive been after for ages; 32" old style 391 Urika. Had it jacked up and bulked out a bit and looking forward to chucking a few shells through it at the beretta and benelli shoots this year. Best auto out there by a mile I recon :)

32" auto ed!!! frig you cud near break some clays with that without pulling the trigger. i had a 391 black gold 30" sporter with gold ducks on the action one time and i regret i got rid of it! it was a great piece of kit. but i cant imagine a 32", never even seen one. im sure it suits you ok though

I recently bought one of these new semi's from beretta. Bought it to shoot the Benelli Auto Champs in May.

Cracking gun for the money. Put around 450 carts through it in first few days, never missed a beat.

Light feeling, nice to swing and low recoil. I bought the 30" which is quite long. ( Had to buy a new cabinet to put it in :) )

Anyone else sampled the delight ?
Can you tell me what it weighs please? I am interested in one of these but the GMK website doesn't list the weight.

Vic.

Vic - for info Sportsman Gun Centre are advertising them in this weeks Shooting Times for £795.99

If you want to go really silly you can get a gemini 4 inch barrel extension for it, ive got one for my beretta 32 excel and its surprisingly easy to shoot with it in.But be prepared for people to take the p***

I've also got a 2" extended potted full choke in as thought I looked a bit short....

think its about the same mate but can have alook when I go past the safe later!

They are great guns,

My AL391 Urika Teknys Stonecoat with a 2" extended choke plus 2" on the LOP plus a Jones Adjuster and a 20mm Kick Eeze comes out at 136 cm or 53.5 in overall length.

Jon.

They are great guns,

My AL391 Urika Teknys Stonecoat with a 2" extended choke plus 2" on the LOP plus a Jones Adjuster and a 20mm Kick Eeze comes out at 136 cm or 53.5 in overall length.

Jon.
no one likes a bragger :lol: besides its not the length its how you use it ;)

Don't need to clean a Beretta auto!!! My 391 Gold Optima Sporter has not been cleanned since 2003! It just needs to be properly prepared!

Henry ;)

I have to agree with Henry here.

My 391 is rarely cleaned unless it gets wet, it had about 21k cartridges through it last year and about 15k the year before and has been fully stripped and cleaned maybe 5 or 6 times, less than 10 failures to cycle most caused by moisture when the action got soaked.

Enjoy the new toy!!

Jon.

I've got one and would describe it as a 303 with gas regulation.

It uses the gas chamber/piston and regulator from the new 400 series which is,allegedly,self cleaning.Hence the forend is now quite slim.

The instruction book tells you not to dismantle the gas regulator and no C-spanner is supplied to do so.

It would not,however,be difficult to take apart.

It only comes with one 1/2 Mobilchoke and key but of course there are plenty of choices available.

It weighs 7lbs but is well balanced and doesn't knock me about using 28gm Kent Velocity which are noted for being a bit thumpy.

Beretta now recommend that all their new autos are broken in using 32gm or heavier loads.I didn't bother and have not had any problems.

The dark wood is stained and soon responds to being oiled and soon develops a shine.

The barrel has a matt black finish and a narrow,plain rib.

I paid £760 for mine at Derek Lee's which I reckon is good value.

Vic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back