Beretta 686 s

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beechin

Found a beretta 686 s on gun trader it has 28" barrels, multi chokes and the right size stock for me. Its a 2 hour drive from me which I'm not worried about was just wondering what everyone's thought are on it. Its at a very reasonable price aswell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good gun. S model I think will date to late 80s very early 90s but much better build quality than modern E stuff. Refinish stock have action tightened if needed have barells re blacked get change from £250 brand new gun job done

Lovely. Look at that engraving tis beautiful. Action MAY and I stress may need tightening as lever looks central which is a sign of a little wear but don't be bothered about that it's a quick seventy quid ish job if that. If I wanted a good used Beretta I would have one of those before a modern equivalent any day.

Cheers looks a good gun and is coming from a gun dealer if I buy the one I'm looking at. Here's a link to it. http://www.guntrader.co.uk/Guns-For-Sale/Beretta_Shotgun_686-S_For-Sale_141230151702001

Lovely. Look at that engraving tis beautiful. Action MAY and I stress may need tightening as lever looks central which is a sign of a little wear but don't be bothered about that it's a quick seventy quid ish job if that. If I wanted a good used Beretta I would have one of those before a modern equivalent any day.
Only problem with a lot of Berettas of that vintage is the cricket bat woodwork, but the one in the pic looks quite decent compared to many that I've seen, and as you say it has nice engraving too. Could be a bargain!

Dont hesitate. If you wait until the weekend it will be gone. Ring them and buy the thing over the phone. Offer them £650 and get the job done.

If they have gunsmithing there, I would offer asking price but you want the lock up worked on included.

I saw this when looking before, I didn't post it up for you due to the 28" barrels (thought you were keen on a 30"?)

However, like the others I have always liked these older Berettas, I had a 1990's 687 sporter which I truly wished I'd never sold. Also, I agree with Wyle and Will, get it fixed and bought. 

I saw this when looking before, I didn't post it up for you due to the 28" barrels (thought you were keen on a 30"?)

However, like the others I have always liked these older Berettas, I had a 1990's 687 sporter which I truly wished I'd never sold. Also, I agree with Wyle and Will, get it fixed and bought.
I would prefer 30" but 28" will do. Main thing I want is multi chokes.

Nah main thing you want is a classic Beretta.

Oops

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back