beretta 682

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor Lecter

I  have seen a beretta 682 m/c   looks in vgc   tempted to buy , I know they are old like me  but  do the job ? any comments / advice .   err steady  deershooter  !

I shoot a 682 Supersport I bought in 1992.

It's never had the stock off since I got it. It's had a few shots through it in that time (read lots!!) and nicely worn in now.

I was contemplating getting it serviced sometime in the next 5 years, but I think I'll just let it go on until I get a problem. If it ain't broke, I wont fix it.   :biggrin:

I shoot a 682 Supersport I bought in 1992.

It's never had the stock off since I got it. It's had a few shots through it in that time (read lots!!) and nicely worn in now.

I was contemplating getting it serviced sometime in the next 5 years, but I think I'll just let it go on until I get a Iproblem. If it ain't broke, I wont fix it.   :biggrin:
Has it got ported barrels - I owned one for 12 years and if I had £ for every time I said I regret selling it. Mine had ported barrels .......awesome gun

Has it got ported barrels - I owned one for 12 years and if I had £ for every time I said I regret selling it. Mine had ported barrels .......awesome gun
Oh Yes! Very slim grip and slim Schnabel fore-end. Good wood for the model too. Super light barrels and fits me perfectly straight off the shelf. My "Holy Grail" gun, but sounds like you let yours go??

If you have withdrawal symptoms, let me know and I'll let you look at it. Only a look mind you, no touching!!   :sarcastic:

Brilliant guns, I had two 682x's over the years. You can't go wrong really!

Brilliant guns, I had two 682x's over the years. You can't go wrong really!
So you've gone from all the good looks, handling qualities and reliability of the 682, and now shoot a Kreighoff.

That's quite a leap in the opposite direction Les??  :sarcastic:

Oh Yes! Very slim grip and slim Schnabel fore-end. Good wood for the model too. Super light barrels and fits me perfectly straight off the shelf. My "Holy Grail" gun, but sounds like you let yours go??

If you have withdrawal symptoms, let me know and I'll let you look at it. Only a look mind you, no touching!!   :sarcastic
I'm so jealous...... mine had 30" barrels with a wooden butt plate and a small steel bead at the tuther end. Like yours it fitted me straight off the shelf and it loved Winchester Winner 8's. They patterned thorough it so well (balls of dust). When I shot it in fading light it used to flash from the ported barrels. I got £750 for it 8 years ago as a part x worth a lot more now. Sadly missed :-(

I  have seen a beretta 682 m/c   looks in vgc   tempted to buy , I know they are old like me  but  do the job ? any comments / advice .   err steady  deershooter  !
What's it up for ? Around a grand for a good one  :)  which is a bit like paying two grand for a 50k miles Hilux. I struggle to think of any quality item in any other sphere of life that is cheaper, be happy it's not got Perazzi stamped on it or you'd have to cough up £3.5k.

I'm so jealous...... mine had 30" barrels with a wooden butt plate and a small steel bead at the tuther end. Like yours it fitted me straight off the shelf and it loved Winchester Winner 8's. They patterned thorough it so well (balls of dust). When I shot it in fading light it used to flash from the ported barrels. I got £750 for it 8 years ago as a part x worth a lot more now. Sadly missed :-(
Ours may have been twins? Mine is 30" (well 29 1/2 ish) and it loved the Winners too! I have swapped the butt plate for a Kick-eez though (still have the original) and with the ported barrels it shoots smoother than a velvet cod-piece!

I am always popular on bonfire night. A box of cartridges in the dark and you've got an instant display. It's surprising how different brands burn different colours too.

This one they'll put in the box with me before they nail the top down.  With any luck I'll be holding it when it's my time to go. :biggrin:

I wouldn't want a alfa either,  :prankster:   because it don`t fit, and I don`t like . :sarcastic:   altho my 525 is crap too. I suppose the older models were built for shooting, not profit,,so  rather a 682 than a 692,, would love my 425gts back as well.

pay and pray these days..

I bought a 682 earlier this year just to shoot the Beretta World. I had it serviced so I knew what was what with the gun.

Nice bit of kit, you pull the trigger, it goes bang

I have just bought a Beretta Gold 682 Sporter from Kelbrook and it is absolutely in pristine condition with beautiful wood and a very elegant grey action with the Beretta engraving in gold. This venerable gun is as tight as the day it came out of the factory and simply oozes quality. It had it's first outing on a skeet range today and shot a very credible 24/ 25. The missed target was H5 which was down to pilot error, riding the target for too long. This gun has a fairly heavy set of barrels for 29 1/2" but is very smooth to shoot and I have just ordered a pair of Muller chokes to make the barrels a bit longer and more pointable while adding very little weight. I normally shoot a 682E with 32" barrels and I consider this to be one of the best handling sporters regardless of cost. The Beretta Gold 682 in terms of aesthetics, build quality and handling is not far behind the 682E. In actual fact the grey action of the Gold 682 in my opinion is far more restrained and elegant looking than the modern elliptical design to be found on the 682E. Either of these guns would make an ideal purchase.

So you've gone from all the good looks, handling qualities and reliability of the 682, and now shoot a Kreighoff.

That's quite a leap in the opposite direction Les??  :sarcastic:
Well Mike, there comes a time in ones life when drastic action is required, there can be various and numerous reasons for this. I wanted to make some radical changes and I wanted a gun that could be flexible enough to allow those changes, or even reverse them if they proved not to be right. I took one big leap of faith after trying a few k80's over the years, as well as speaking to some shooters who have used k guns for many years! The k owners included a world champion and an England shooter, I even borrowed a k that belonged to the England shooter. Since I changed to a k my fast trap scores have gone up by about 5%, I have also started to shoot dtl practice again, my min score so far has been 24/70 and a best of 25/75, so I'm quite please with my leap of faith at the moment!

Last edited by a moderator:

If you have withdrawal symptoms, let me know and I'll let you look at it. Only a look mind you, no touching!!   :sarcastic:
I wouldn't touch yours with a bargepole ., 

Now the 686e,  that's a superb bit of kit,  proper beaver tail fore end,  and non of this grainy knotty wood stuff evident  :)

:santa: x

Well Mike, there comes a time in ones life when drastic action is required, there can be various and numerous reasons for this. I wanted to make some radical changes and I wanted a gun that could be flexible enough to allow those changes, or even reverse them if they proved not to be right. I took one big leap of faith after trying a few k80's over the years, as well as speaking to some shooters who have used k guns for many years! The k owners included a world champion and an England shooter, I even borrowed a k that belonged to the England shooter. Since I changed to a k my fast trap scores have gone up by about 5%, I have also started to shoot dtl practice again, my min score so far has been 24/70 and a best of 25/75, so I'm quite please with my leap of faith at the moment!
Hey Les, don't go taking me too seriously.  It's all meant firmly tongue in cheek. Sounds like you might have found your "Holy Grail" gun too? Your scores are proving that much.

One day I want to watch you using it. Next year I'll make a point to track you down somewhere.  :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back