Beretta 303 forend

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westley

Whilst carrying out some routine cleaning of my Beretta 303 auto today, I noticed a hairline crack at the rear of the forend. Before I purchase one of the 'glass fibre' repair type kits off 'the bay' to reinforce the inside of the wood, has anyone experience of carrying out this type of repair ?  I feel certain that my 303,  is NOT the first to suffer this sort of injury.

Think the modern glues should sort this out without the glass fibre.

You could also try wabbitbosher on pigeon watch, seems to have lots of spares for older stuff like that.

Beretta e store have them in stock 139 euros.
Bloody Ell  ! I don't love it THAT much   !

Think the modern glues should sort this out without the glass fibre.

You could also try wabbitbosher on pigeon watch, seems to have lots of spares for older stuff like that.
Ah yes, overlooked him,  thank you for that.

Remington used to use glass fibre to reinforce the forends on their auto's to prevent such a thing from happening. Beretta would sooner it occurred, to aide their after sales parts service  !

You're going to want to clean that crack out completely of any oil and contaminants.  I find a non chlorinated automotive brake cleaner to work best.  I would start with taping over the exterior with a masking tape and applying a thin cyanoacrylate glue on the inside, then a mesh the inside of the forearm and either a coating of thick cyanoacrylate glue or acraglass.  Use instaset accelerator whenever using cyanoacrylate, otherwise it will not cure nearly as strongly.  But, it it's too far gone, you can use a forearm from any of the 303's predecessors.

Last edited by a moderator:
get mutley to sort it ?

he is very reasonable (price wise anyway ?)

Latest posts

Back