benelli semi auto shoot at hodnet

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ickle47

another great show put on by gmk and wmsg just got back and what a great day fantastic weather combined with excellent targets that really get the adrenaline going on the odd stand here and there, 3 simo targets.

new venue next year hope its as good wherever it will be.

First time I've shot this and what fun, not only were the trio stands entertaining but you really had to work the trigger to get them all off in time. Really enjoyed it as I said but felt I was quite a few short. Wonder when the scores will be up as every other part of the shoot ran like clockwork, they even had the weather right!

Would be interested to know what the stands were like we are doing our own auto shoot in august. Tho i already have lots of ideas.

Great shoot. There were 14 stands for 120 birds and a mixture of three target stands and two bird stands with full use of the gun on either target.

Some of the stands - there was three floppy teal in the air at the same time, by the time you had shot the first one the other two were on the way down. Another three bird stand was three going away birds at the same time again by the time the first two were shot at the third was starting to drop rapidly.

There was also a simo r-l crossing pair, midi followed by a standard with a very high teal which again was dropping by the time you had shot at the other two.

There were on report three bird stands like the one which had a white clay falling from high left diagonal in front, with a high l-r crosser filled by a long l-r looper. Stand one had a close green r-l looper, followed by a going away bird between a gap in two trees, followed by a mid range looper l-r.

One of the two bird stands had a long range high left to right battue followed by a high right to left standard. Often on the two bird stands you had to be quick to get a second shot off at a bird you missed.

Just a flavour but a fantastic variety.

Great to hear you are thinking of putting such a shoot on. My friends and I would certainly come and give it a go.

Great shoot. There were 14 stands for 120 birds and a mixture of three target stands and two bird stands with full use of the gun on either target.

Some of the stands - there was three floppy teal in the air at the same time, by the time you had shot the first one the other two were on the way down. Another three bird stand was three going away birds at the same time again by the time the first two were shot at the third was starting to drop rapidly.

There was also a simo r-l crossing pair, midi followed by a standard with a very high teal which again was dropping by the time you had shot at the other two.

There were on report three bird stands like the one which had a white clay falling from high left diagonal in front, with a high l-r crosser filled by a long l-r looper. Stand one had a close green r-l looper, followed by a going away bird between a gap in two trees, followed by a mid range looper l-r.

One of the two bird stands had a long range high left to right battue followed by a high right to left standard. Often on the two bird stands you had to be quick to get a second shot off at a bird you missed.

Just a flavour but a fantastic variety.

Great to hear you are thinking of putting such a shoot on. My friends and I would certainly come and give it a go.

+ 1

Well said ( & shot ) Stewart , Hodnet have put on 3 shoots this year & they,ve all been really good - this in particular was really enjoyable with some tricky combos ( & a couple of really hard ones ! )

1st time I've shot the sp'auto here & thoroughly enjoyed it ; shame to hear it's moving on ; they have a tough act to follow !

post-2376-0-65243800-1400455397.jpg
last stand we shot ( 1)

had a R-L looper  to the right of the trees

followed by the teal Stewarts about to shoot

followed by a L-R battue to the left of the trees ...

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    371.7 KB · Views: 0
I'd heard the ref on stand 7 had a bad back..... Picking up 2500 cartridges flung into the undergrowth from pogo sticks

You pair of lightweights! 306 entries x 3 plus the more than regular odd jam or so equates to nigh on 1000 spent shells all dutifully collected binned, then picked up the empty cartridge boxes that had been thrown into the nettles along with empty discarded water bottles. Oh such sweet joy. Then Oh bless I was asked to ref the shoot off's because I can see , count, read , and know the rules.

Plus I'm a creep.

Could the person who shoots Remingtons with the none magnetic base please pick up their own cases in future !

All that being said, what a superb shoot, what a perfect setting, never seen the ground look so manicured and picture perfect, well done Tom , John and  Owen on a job very well done.

Anyone interested can shoot the same targets again this Saturday 24th May, £35 telephone to book in please.

Now all I have to do is find stand 8 referee!

Could the person who shoots Remingtons with the none magnetic base please pick up their own cases in future !
photo1_zps8e0c501b.jpg

I spent all week demagnetising them with my magnet just for the ref on stand 7.... :spiteful:   :spiteful:   

Latest posts

Back