Beckbury Sim Day

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdLyons

On Saturday just gone, I along with 12 other guns shot the Simulated Game Day at Beckbury, Shropshire, organised by Drennan Kenderdine of Ammoshack and Marcus Iddon of Lyalvale cartridges.

The day started with an 8.30 am Breakfast at The Seven Stars, a lovely little country pub in the heart of rural Shropshire.

We were two guns short as (a) my mum thought her house was flooded and (b) Matt O'Grady discovered the drive from Whitsable took a little longer than expected!

Fortunately both arrived around 11am missing only the initial new course.

We were really lucky with the weather, and food and drink was readily available - some fantastic sausages and other snacks washed down with Champagne and Raspberry Vodka cocktails.

George the 'keeper put on four drives, a nice steady warm up, some teal/pheasants with some sneaky "hen" birds thrown into the mix, a lightning fast grouse butt and then more high pheasants in the Dell.

We each took turns on a peg as a gun and a loader, essentially shooting a box each then swapping until the whistle blew. Move along three then repeat. Great fun!

I discovered that I had an unerring ability to poach some very long crossers over my neighbours, the little 21g fibres bringing down some great targets. Sadly most of these were the aforementioned hen birds, and with each plume of orange smoke, my wallet became ten pounds lighter!

Between us, Matt and I raised £70 in fines for the Air Ambulance Charity!

Once the day was done, we all went back to the Stars for a pub dinner, prize giving and fine collection.

For £175 for the day, I cant remember having too many better days shooting and cant wait for the next one!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we need a ShootClay Forum sim-day - would be a lot of fun. 

Have a word with 28boreshot he does them on his bosses estate when the game seasons finished, great fun as I've been there loading for him, great big beaming smiles from all the guns especially after the rat and bolting rabbit flush  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind word Ed and pleased you enjoyed it

Matt I can organise that for you.

On Saturday just gone, I along with 12 other guns shot the Simulated Game Day at Beckbury, Shropshire, organised by Drennan Kenderdine of Ammoshack and Marcus Iddon of Lyalvale cartridges.

The day started with an 8.30 am Breakfast at The Seven Stars, a lovely little country pub in the heart of rural Shropshire.

We were two guns short as (a) my mum thought her house was flooded and (b) Matt O'Grady discovered the drive from Whitsable took a little longer than expected!

We were really lucky with the weather, and food and drink was readily available - some fantastic sausages and other snacks washed down with Champagne and Raspberry Vodka cocktails.

George the 'keeper put on four drives, a nice steady warm up, some teal/pheasants with some sneaky "hen" birds thrown into the mix, a lightning fast grouse butt and then more high pheasants in the Dell.

We each took turns on a peg as a gun and a loader, essentially shooting a box each then swapping until the whistle blew. Move along three then repeat. Great fun!

I discovered that I had an unerring ability to poach some very long crossers over my neighbours, the little 21g fibres bringing down some great targets. Sadly most of these were the aforementioned hen birds, and with each plume of orange smoke, my wallet became ten pounds lighter!

Once the day was done, we all went back to the Stars for a pub dinner, prize giving and fine collection.

For £175 for the day, I cant remember having too many better days shooting and cant wait for the next one!

Latest posts

Back