Beat to eat campaign.?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisPackham

Shot with a friends brother in law yesterday as one of usual guns had to go Christmas shopping (ffs)

He is some kind of Government chap and after several post shoot beers we got talking about how sad it is that we have people using food banks and it occurred to us that most shoots being somewhat long of birds and short of beaters (and the increased costs where they are paid), a beat to eat project could help all parties..

What do you think, is this worth discussing promotion at a higher level?  Healthy nutritious food exchanged for fresh air and exercise... seem like a good swap!

After a few beers great in reality employment law,minimum wage,insurance.....as soon as you make anything official you have reams of BS to go through.

I travel 140 miles each time I go beating on the shoot. Its an early start and I don't get home till late. If I wanted to make money or put food on the table it doesn't make much sense for me to do it.

I also find that most people don't know what to do with a pheasant if you gave them one and unless you prepare it for them they aren't prepared to prepare it for themselves. So I don't think offering pheasants as payment would get any new people to go beating.

I go beating because its a great day out with like minded people. I have taken a lot of people beating with me who have never been involved with game shooting and everyone of them has had a great time. If anyone gets the opportunity to go beating I would give it a go but not if you want to make money, you might cover your costs if your lucky.

Latest posts

Back