BARROW HEATH - 13th JULY 2014

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guerini Guy

Some excellent targets greeted the 199 shooters at Barrow Heath today, Really enjoyable day, set up for the Suffolk County Championship, with mixed weather conditions.

Personally I shot like a plonker, ending with a 72, and there were two targets that I didn't even hit at all !!!

After straighting stand 1, we moved happily to stand 2 where we found quite a fast quartering blaze right to left, which I hit all four times, but it was followed by an innocuous Bunny Rabbit which felt so close that I could punch it in the bloody face, but definitely couldn't hit it with a 12 bore cartridge. Above it, below it, behind it, in front of it . . . . . . . missed 'em all.

Then on stand 6 there was another fast right to left, in fact quartering away from behind your right shoulder, Picked off all four of them but the high looper that followed again beat me all four times, and loopers are a target that I have generally achieved great improvements on lately. So, 8 targets gone in just two stands. Tw@t Monkey !

Nevertheless, despite my lack of prowess, it was easy to appreciate the huge variation of targets, with clever speeds and angles.

As always, very worthwhile the journey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back