Background Noise

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually wear foam plugs and ear muffs, in the cage, and then remove ear muffs after I have shot (or lift one side up). I think if you concentrate on the job and use efficient ear protection you should not be distracted by others talking. BUT, it is bloody rude to talk loud enough to distract some one whilst they are shooting. 

Let's have a some manners chaps, please.

I actually wear foam plugs and ear muffs, in the cage, and then remove ear muffs after I have shot (or lift one side up). I think if you concentrate on the job and use efficient ear protection you should not be distracted by others talking. BUT, it is bloody rude to talk loud enough to distract some one whilst they are shooting. 

Let's have a some manners chaps, please.
Yep thats what I do, although I did misplace my inserts and had to rely on the slim ear muffs, these on their own are pants so bought some decent pelton ones, which do cut the chat down a lot, once I erm find the inserts I will go back to doubling up and then shout as I can't hear myself, peace at last .

Last edited by a moderator:
Or.......you could just start shooting trap where we do not have any of this silly buggering about......and think like this....

post-17-0-72168700-1367946763.png

Attachments

• 480209_601306693221615_628689743_n.png
    480209_601306693221615_628689743_n.png
    145.1 KB · Views: 0
Just practice shooting with every distraction possible...noise (crowds, carts, planes etc.) wind , rain, heat, etc. so it becomes a non issue.

if the noisy one is stood behind hes probably waiting to shoot himself , so .... could always return the favour :mad:)

If there's no barracking, piss taking and laughter I must be doing well that puts me off, then I miss...:'(

http://www.shootclayforum.com/uploads/monthly_05_2013/post-951-0-55195700-1368092326.jpgI've started using these, they can block out just about everything, very comfy too.

Attachments

• defenders.jpg
    defenders.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 0
When I am out shooting I expect to hear noise all the time, I'm shooting (it is said shooting is noisy) so are many other people. I have shot with a group of mates at straw balers for years and had many 90+/100 shoots, and for most of them I had to endure some extreem abuse .. It toughens you up for the more high focus stuff. In skeet and trap it assumed silence was a given and respect it. I have even heard shooters asking the ref not to calls kills and misses.There are extreems of being anal about background noise, but "I aint bovered".

[insert rant here]

Regardless of being able to block it out or not the cold hard truth is, its fecking rude and disrespectful to the shooter in the stand. It shouldn't be acceptable and the ref's should clamp down on it. If you want to chatter like old women over a garden fence then stay in the club with and chat all you want. Nothing worse then having a good sporting or fitasc round "disturbed" by someone who thinks they are on a jolly with their pals.

Oh and the idea that you wont win big if you cannot block it out is imo tosh, I have seen the very top shots in this country lose targets by being distracted by someone behind them, so if it can happen to them it can happen to anyone.

Lastly, what right does the person chattering have to ruin someone elses day shooting, did the talkative bastard pay the other shooters entry? NO? Then shut the love up and have some respect for others.

[/end rant here]
I hope one day you get a chance to do a round of sporting with Mickey Rouse, I say no more other than it will be the lesson of your life .

My feeling is that quiet is better, but if it is a requirement you are right and proper (insert preferred expletive).  But, just like rain, wind, auto traffic, runway traffic, whatever, you deal w/ it or else.

Like Nicola mentioned, elite athletes of any sport don't care.  You can't either if you want to be one. 

Nothing bothers me, but I'm such a hack shot that no one can tell the difference.   :notfair:

Charlie

Shot Grimsthorpe today, a young tef of 18 ish, politely asked some older shooters to keep the noise down. They were not amused, but well done to the ref for standing his ground and doig his job superbly!

I did some training alongside the Scotland cricket team when I lived up there. The Scottish national cricket academy is fitted with a fantastic sound system, they blast out all kinds of music, crowd noise etc while you are batting to replicate stadium noise. Train for it and ignore it or you get your grill rattled at 90mph :lol:

My feeling is that quiet is better, but if it is a requirement you are right and proper (insert preferred expletive).  But, just like rain, wind, auto traffic, runway traffic, whatever, you deal w/ it or else.

Like Nicola mentioned, elite athletes of any sport don't care.  You can't either if you want to be one. 

Nothing bothers me, but I'm such a hack shot that no one can tell the difference.   :notfair:

Charlie
Try shouting "boobs" in Tiger Woods' back swing and see if he cares or not.

Its been said before, regardless if you should be able to ignore the noise (chattering not the the bang bit), the fact remains other people who are not shooting should have more respect for the person shooting, how hard can this concept be? Or should we just have a free for all?

A big no no in trap we do not accept background noise. As above have some etiquette please.

If you can learn to ignore the report of a 12g shotgun you should be able to blank out human speech in your vicinity. Yes we need respect from habitual talkers but you must learn to not hear unwanted chatter while in the stand.

Latest posts

Back