Atkin Grant & Lang Herts Fall Festival of Shooting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilyD3

Hello!

This weekend AGL will be holding a fall festival of shooting where we will be celebrating the new high tower by holding a 50 bird sporting comp for just £20 (£17.50 for members) and you'll have the chance to win £250 for high gun! As well as the chance of winning the cash, you will also be entered into our raffle to win cartridges, peltors, chameaus and much  more.

We will have many attractions from game tasting to stick making, so pop along for a weekend for all the family.

There will also be a Have a go stand for those who haven't tried the sport before - perfect for the kids. Only £10 for 10 shots!

Hopefully see you there! 

For more information, please visit out Facebook page- https://www.facebook.com/AGLshooting?fref=ts

Last edited by a moderator:
"fall" is that hertford conecticut? i was under the impression it was called autumn in the uk!

Only £10 for 10 shots! dictionary definition of only "merely; just" come to our local shoot its 3 quid for the same..i understand there running a business but it's hardly encouraging just gives people the impression the sport is more expensive than it is!

to put it in perspective i have recently seen on here that a ground owner was willing to put up helice targets for the same price a third of what they normally are i believe.

not all but to many ground owners are just greedy...a very shortsighted approach to business.

as an example try shooting at Urchfont you will be pleasantly surprised by the payout relative to the amount of entries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Autumn is definitely the word. with you there..

In fairness, the first ten shots to a new shooter, from an instructor, who will presumably take some time to get the gun held properly and offer guidance is not so bad. Its about pro-rata with lesson rates and does of course include cartridges.

Autumn is definitely the word. with you there..

In fairness, the first ten shots to a new shooter, from an instructor, who will presumably take some time to get the gun held properly and offer guidance is not so bad. Its about pro-rata with lesson rates and does of course include cartridges.
may well not be a cpsa qualified instructor at ours but more than likely a county shot,just seems to be the wrong way of attracting people to the sport .

most business models employ a loss leader strategy at some point,i will generally do a demo FOC for a new customer without actual adjustments to prove the worth of my services(most will then pay for the adjustments,not all)...i am not saying they should do that but they would break even at a fiver presuming the person instructing was not to expensive 8p a clay 15p a cartridge,presumably an advantage to the instructor to as he would  likely have more people booking lessons..

i just feel this would attract more people to the sport as we see many bemoaning the cost already.

just a different point of view Will.

Hello!

This weekend AGL will be holding a fall festival of shooting where we will be celebrating the new high tower by holding a 50 bird sporting comp for just £20 (£17.50 for members) and you'll have the chance to win £250 for high gun! As well as the chance of winning the cash, you will also be entered into our raffle to win cartridges, peltors, chameaus and much  more.

We will have many attractions from game tasting to stick making, so pop along for a weekend for all the family.

There will also be a Have a go stand for those who haven't tried the sport before - perfect for the kids. Only £10 for 10 shots!

Hopefully see you there! 

For more information, please visit out Facebook page- https://www.facebook.com/AGLshooting?fref=ts
Hi Lily. Best of luck with the weather, it sounds fun with the added attractions and hope you have a great day. xx

Latest posts

Back