Ata arms 12g shotgun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend brought one.  It feel apart and jammed shut with 1 live cart in after 1 day at DTL.

Gun shop gave him his money back straight away. Parts looked stamped out not properly  

machined or finished.

I bought one as a first gun (only started last August). It’s 30” with Matt action and barrels. Nice dark wood. 

All was well until the bottom barrel sometimes wouldn’t fire. Then it would never fire. Sometimes had to squeeze the trigger three times to get a shot off. Not conducive to building confidence!

It went back to Sportsman Guns and they replaced the trigger unit, apparently it’s a known issue with a certain batch. 

When it came back they’d scratched the stock! Fair play to them though they then replaced all the wood. 

All good now and certainly shooting better than I can!

I purchased an ATA SP specifically to shoot Skeet I paid £650 for it -last year I managed to win the East Midlands Inter counties Skeet Doubles and more recently managed to shoot 394 ex 400 in the Nottingham and District Gun Club winter series winning A Class after finishing the series with a 100 straight. I suspect it may have been the cheapest gun on the range that day. These offer great value for money and handle nicely.

WP_20180211_17_28_17_Pro.jpg

Can't argue with that mate 👍

Just goes to show that affordable guns can win in the right hands 😀

I guess your right Ips - Last week I shot the NSSA Skeet, Iron man at Dartford and finished on 389 ex 400 this put me into a three way shoot off for A class. I shot against two very credible shots one was shooting a Kolar the other a Perazzi . I shot 50 straight in the shoot off against two 49's to take the class win. My budget ATA did the business once again

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done mate 👍

Budget gun but high end shooting 👍

Cheers Ips did look at them last week, But just had another look and found one in 20g that fits the bill nicely, Phone call Monday :cool:
What did you end up with

Well done mate 👍

Budget gun but high end shooting 👍

What did you end up with
Lincoln No 2 ultra light 27 1/2" 20g, What a great little Gun :cool:

Lincoln_no_2_ultra_light_20g.jpg

Great stuff. I have been very happy with my lincoln vogue. The only fault if you can call it that is that the auto safety is a bit noisy and not particularly smooth in operation but apart from that its great

Latest posts

Back