ASE Gold Refurb

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walter

A fellow shooter is looking to have his ASE Gold serviced and refurbished, any recommendations?
He's spoken to GMK who said he should send it to Beretta Italy but....it'll be a year before he will see it again
Anyone in the UK you'd recommend???

Cheers

Any good gunsmith can service it but to refurb it. It will go through the beretta workshop. As far as I know it’s the only place that can renew and surface coatings.

Send it back to italy. It will go back to the custom shop where it was built and come back as a new gun.
A couple of years ago, I had an ASE90 done. They rebuilt it totally, refreshed the engraving and surface finish, rebuilt the barrels, top-level bolt etc..and trigger unit -.The pulls are now exceptionally good.

It wasn't done for fiver, but considering the amount of ork done, it was well worth it.

EDIT. Mine was away for around 6 months.

Last edited:
A friend of mine had his ASE at Krieghoff. They built in Briley thin wall chokes, reblued the barrels and put work on the Action. Perfectly done including the proof for steel shot.
Don't know how much paperwork it needs sending it from GB to Germany?

Tim Greenwood is your man, he’d make a brilliant job of it. When he does a service the gun is completely stripped down, all parts cleaned and replaced as needs be and he’s excellent on woodwork as well.

I have seen guns done with gold inlay at Wisemans of Cannock. I'm not sure if they still do inlaying work, but they were doing Browning A1's at one time. Worth a phone call.

Wiseman's every time. I have a Beretta that John Wiseman refurbished some years ago and it was done very very well . Brian Wiseman does lots of gold inlaying .For ALL things on shotgun repairs Wiseman's of Cannock is your one stop shop.

The thing to note with Beretta ASE, 682 Gold series. DT10. 682E , 686 E is the surface finish of the action or in fact anything with a nitride type of finish is that it may not be possible for a provincial gunsmith to re do or replicate to be the same as the original if it needs attention.

I would check first. Blacking/ Bluing or polishing may not be the desired finish, especially if like an ASE gold. To me it's worth doing either properly or not a all.

When, I wasl looking at geting mine done and looking at the cost. I was quoted by a very well known gunsmiths that they send DT10s back to berettta to get them refinished properly. The price quoted for one they had just had done was very reasonable. This was what made my mind up for sending my gun back to the factory.

A fellow shooter is looking to have his ASE Gold serviced and refurbished, any recommendations?
He's spoken to GMK who said he should send it to Beretta Italy but....it'll be a year before he will see it again

Cheers

Cheers
Hi gjd , iv just had my kemen back from Tim greenwood gunsmith after full refurb , barrels , action reblacking ,tightening , new pad , refinishing and checking woodwork fantastic come back like new . have a look on his website

A friend of mine had his ASE at Krieghoff. They built in Briley thin wall chokes, reblued the barrels and put work on the Action. Perfectly done including the proof for steel shot.
Don't know how much paperwork it needs sending it from GB to Germany?

Since Brexit? I wouldn't start. VAT and import duties alone will be a burden to deal with, having to explain it is being imported for repairs only to be exported again... Not sure about the German system but in NL I'd venture the gun would also have to be registered in the national database for just being in the country in order to allow anyone to do work on it.

The VAT and import issue would also apply for Italy, so curious as to how that has been solved by those shipping back to factory post-Brexit.

Latest posts

Back