Arthritis of the neck

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I said id give it a rest from shooting which I kind of slightly did, I had 10 days driving round the highlands - so not really resting.

But my elbows are still hurting...

How's the neck coming on Jonny English? Found anything that works?
I've not had the gun out for a couple of week's and had a bad day yesterday where I woke up in pieces with it and spent all day stretching to try and relive it.

My main issues aren't shooting related really, the aim was to try and not allow the shooting to make it worse, to preserve my shooting.  The eley select plas wad in 24 gram have been lovely to shoot, very impressed with how soft they are, just need to practise with them to build up some confidence in their performance at range, but so far been very pleased with them.

Ay I must say, I enjoyed the Eley Select fibre when I first went to Atkin Grant & Lang, I think they were 28g... But still, was nice to shoot.

Im itching to get back out - I had to cancel 2 meet ups due to financial issues :frown:  (overspent at 2 ranges .)

Anyways, hope you get the gun out soon, and have a good time & the pain goes away.

Hi all,

At just a few months shy of 40 years old it's looking like I have developed arthritis of the neck. Just mild symptoms at the minute, cracking/ clicking of the neck when rotated, tight muscles in the shoulders and neck, occasional numbnous and aching of arms and legs, sciatica etc. Doctor has said to take vitamin D tablets and oesteopath has given me a series of exercises to keep it as free as possible, also got an electric heat pad to drape over it for a bit each day.

Has anyone else ever suffered with this, was it or did it affect your shooting. Do I need to be taking precautions now while I can with lighter loads etc to protect it long term. Or should it just be unaffected and shoot as normal.

Any help or advice gratefully received.

Regards Martin
Hey bud,

Have you had confirmation of arthritis? The reason I ask is I thought I was developing the same thing after 5-6 months of neck pain, stiffness, cracking etc. 

After seeing a chiropractor and having x-rays, he determined I was not on the rheumatologic spectrum at all (his initial suspicion based on the lack of any swelling) and after two sessions of spinal manipulation I was back to 100% - it was pretty incredible. 

Turns out a combination of locked joints and muscles in spasm was the cause. 

First sign of trouble I go to a chiropractor before anyone else. Always sorts me out. Worth a try.

I would like to recommend to all of you to do some research on food allergy related arthritis symptoms.  Seriously!  My wife suffered for several years with practically crippling arthritic pain in her hands and joints generally, swelling, all that crap.  Tried every doc touted pill on the planet - and only suffered the more from side-effects.  Nothing worked.  Then by pure chance I came across a tract on food allergies  etc and by simply eliminating milk and milk products from her diet she was miraculously "cured" in less than two weeks!  No swelling, no pain and NO Drugs!  After years!  And that was 20+ yrs ago and she is still  symptom free.

just a thot but you could save yourself a pile of pain and $ by simply finding out if you have nothing more than a food allergy.

and don't get me started on the evils of aspartame !!! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on who you listen to, it is either a safe aid to weight loss and diabetes control or it is evil incarnate, a deadly poison that is devastating the health of consumers.
Unfortunately I've had the opportunity to observe that the evil side has great credibility

Back