Are semi autos okay now?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you do that in the middle of a busy registered, particularly where the shells may have landed beyond the ribboned area ? Asking for a friend. 
Have done a fair bit of ref/scorer work, whilst accept that there instances where its not possible to capture all spent cases Auto users, in my experience dont give a fig about thier waste, one when entering a stand gave me the most filthiest of glares when he saw spent cases on the floor as he entered the cage, the previous shot being his Auto shooting Mrs and she had no itention of picking them up. 

Semi auto's are the spawn of the devil 👿. They should be piled up on top of pump actions and burnt in a ritual sacrifice. The owners should be flogged.  :)
You wouldn't get much for me though  !     :lol:

Where did you get the deflector from? I’m getting bored of picking cartridges out of brambles and stinging nettles..
If I can find it you are welcome to it  !  When pigeon shooting I have one of those extending magnet things used in the motor trade, it is about the size of a pen and clips into my inside jacket pocket. I then use it during lulls in action, to pick up my spent cartridges through my cammo net. No more nettle stings  !

If I can find it you are welcome to it  !  When pigeon shooting I have one of those extending magnet things used in the motor trade, it is about the size of a pen and clips into my inside jacket pocket. I then use it during lulls in action, to pick up my spent cartridges through my cammo net. No more nettle stings  !
Me too but that Franchi flings the shells so far they are always in a heap of something stingy or spiky!!  I’m happy to glue on accessories to semi auto, it already has a lamp fitted to extended mag tube for night time pest destruction, red dot sight to follow soon, and it’s in an attractive Max5 pattern!! If chavs did shotguns....

Vermin don’t seem to care though!

I’d love a semi auto but as a noob I’m not after upsetting anyone (yet) cos I’ll need plenty of help 😉

If they get upset at your using a semi auto, I would question their ability to offer you guidance  !

People whine about the mess semi autos make yet as many "game" shooters fire their cartridges all over the place and if you stopped to pick them up somebody will whine you are taking to long..targets are to easy,targets are to hard,targets are to technical,the suns in the wrong place,etc....many shooters will whine about fooking anything i suggest you tell anyone who whines to do one!!

If they get upset at your using a semi auto, I would question their ability to offer you guidance  !
Well the other thing that occurred to me was my instructor.. would he not want to be standing exactly where my spent cases were ejecting?

i followed 2 guys round a competition recently who were using semi autos, the second guys second shot kept jamming every other target, whilst not overly interested would you be given a second chance or would it be classed as a miss?

i followed 2 guys round a competition recently who were using semi autos, the second guys second shot kept jamming every other target, whilst not overly interested would you be given a second chance or would it be classed as a miss?
Gun malfunction is pair again,don't think there is actually a limit on how many times.

We shot with someone at the Benelli and his must have jammed 30+ times!

Gun malfunction is pair again,don't think there is actually a limit on how many times.

We shot with someone at the Benelli and his must have jammed 30+ times!
You are allowed only two malfunctions. Should be declared lost on third occasion!

Correct! Give that man a coconut! Thats two malfunctions then lost on each stand, not overall.

So do they jam because the gun is dirty or the cartridge is too puny to move the bolt or something then?

Despite claims, some modern autos with big names on them can be unreliable and need some major work to get them working properly. Its a bit of a lottery I'm afraid.

Despite claims, some modern autos with big names on them can be unreliable and need some major work to get them working properly. Its a bit of a lottery I'm afraid.
Not saying I don’t believe you but I find that astonishing, it’s a wonder anyone bothers. 

Have not seen these massively unreliable big name semi autos, and here in the US we use them.  A lot.

The majority of semi auto unreliability that I have witnessed has been caused by operator error/non-existent maintenance.

When i received my A400 it had a sticker telling you to run it in with 50 32g+ cartridges something i believe most people ignore this.

Pre this my original gun had issues but post doing this it was a lot better.

The one i have now rarely fails to cycle but if it does it is usually because of a more square shape to the edge of the cartridge where crimped.

Back