Anybody use CPSA Shoot08 software

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Discobob

Hi All,

I put in a graphics card in the computer as FD today so they could seperate the office screen from the large screen out in the clubhouse. Previously they only split the VGA output for displaying the results so lost the use of the computer and had to keep taking the leaderboard down to update scores in the SCORE08 interface.

We have encountered a problem though, and that is when the two screens are connected and active the CPSA software opens on the large screen (the extended desktop) and not the prime screen in the office.

Surely some other ground owners who may frequent this sight has this issue as well and I was wondering what they done to resolve it?

Tried phoning the CPSA people but they close at 4.30 on a Friday. FD has a large comp on Sunday and would like to get them sorted before then instead of the convoluted workaround we have to do now (enabling and disabling screens)

Cheers for any feedback that comes

What version of windows are you running on the PC?

When you have a dual monitor setup (which is what you have now) you have the ability to choose duplicate or extend screens/

Usually you can change that with the windows key and P  but on older versions of windows, it might be different.  You can also right click the home screen and choose 'screen resolution' which will tell you what screens Windows see's and whether you should extend or duplicate.

Give it a go, or message me and I can try and talk you through it. 

Wheres FD? 

Hi

FD is indeed Faux Degla. I am getting them to set screen 2 (which is the office screen) as the screen while they set up the shoot software, then launch the the leaderboard and then they extend desktop to include the other screen - and move the leaderboard onto it.

The software seems to be an MSAccess based application - has been 14 years since I worked on them.

Thanks for reminding me about windows-P - will be easier then having to launch the graphics options which was easier than them using the Catalyst software for the graphics card.

The main issue is their lack of IT skills.

I may approach the CPSA about updating their software.... I gather the 08 will refer to year - at best!!

The OS is 7 home!!

Cheers

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
No worries - hope this has helped - feel free to ping me a message.

After a bit of research it appears that this is a problem within windows 7 auto detecting the HDMI as screen 1 (which is the TV Screen) - I think the CPSA software (being quite old) is using this identity to launch onto - quite a number of posts on Microsoft and other places where other people are experiencing this with Steam etc....

I have found two utilities - one on source forge (free) and one that costs ($25) which looks interesting as you can control the remote screen (sort of like a virtual view of the screen) which would be ideal in this situation

The problem is that the office screen is VGA only which defaults to be the highest ID (in this case 2)

I might also try and get the onboard VGA working and connect the second screen via VGA as it was originally connected via a VGA splitter

Cheers.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully it won't have the problem that this one has (wonder if they have moved away from Access?)

Unfortunately as the PC is quite old, with the graphics card in it totally disables the onboard VGA graphics so the idea of using the two VGA's was out.

I downloaded a multi monitor tool that does overcome the issue, but I now need to train up the staff so had to leave it today in the original setup

Cheers

Steve

Back