Another 525 Question

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I thought I would treat myself slightly and I’ve gone for a brand new 525 sporter. Thanks for everybody’s input I shall report back with how I get on.
Nice, I am also considering one when the certificate comes through. Please do keep us updated.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Afternoon everyone,

Currently awaiting the licence to drop on the mat but I’ve been scouting around for my first purchase. Shooting as many as I can and settled on a 525, specifically the one linked. Perfect condition hardly ever seen work.......but isn’t a sporter. I preferred the feel of the game model but am I going to get beat up by it and sick of shooting 100 carts a day? The weights don’t seem massively different with this one being 3.35kgs and the sporters being about 3.5 but obviously everybody here has better knowledge. 

https://www.gunstar.co.uk/browning-525-12-bore-gauge-over-and-under/Shotguns/1055240
the 525 sporter laminate   gets good reviews  !!

Re the 525 and miroku 38s, my brother uses a 38 sporter,with teague stainless slight extended chokes, always found it slightly muzzle heavy,so I balanced it with some additional stock weight, this he found better balanced but slightly heavy , so this year I bought him some extended titanium chokes, wow what differance, soo much lighter especially when you stick them way out there on the end on your barrels.

subsequently removed half of the ballist from the stock,balances great and his scores have gone up,more importantly he didnt ended up trading in £££££s to get one that balanced right.

titanium chokes arent cheap but make a huge differance to the balance/feel.         it was browning titaniums .there are other makes.

so this year I bought him some extended titanium chokes, wow what differance, soo much lighter especially when you stick them way out there on the end on your barrels.
I suppose the balance changes when you stick them half way!!! 😁

Didn't know they even did a 2... thought it was 1, 3, 5 and that was it.

If the second hand on a G1 was only 300 quid less then you've probably done well as some of that will have a 10 year warranty which you don't get otherwise as Browning are strictly non-transferrable on warranty stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to the Northern Shooting Show at Harrogate today , £1450  is indeed the sort of money for a new 525 . On the other hand I did see a rather nice Perazzi 20 bore at £35,000  😂

I had hoped to see the new soon to be released Miroku English Fields which I believe is based on the MK60, but with a rounded action, but if it was there I couldn’t find it 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back