A Question of Balance

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlesP

I've recently been playing with the balance weights in the stock of my F3.

Straight out of the box the gun balances a tad forward of the hinge pin, and I've decided that I would like it a bit further back.

The weights - there are two - sit on a threaded stock bolt and once positioned, they are secured by small grub screws with a hex head. Today I have been using my gun at Purbeck having moved the balance point maybe  a centimetre or so. The difference in feel and the added ease of swinging are surprising; I had hoped for an improvement but didn't realise how much perceived difference such a relatively small adjustment could make. 

Any F3 owners out there like to share their favoured balance adjustments?

Anyone have any thoughts about the merits of either moving one weight a lot further back or both weights just a bit?

ooh I have similar weights for me X trap. Oh what joy ?

I must have an odd one, then. I'll have another look tomorrow, but I'm convinced that my 32" version balances forward of the pin even with the two stock bolt weights in place - and without any barrel weights. Of course if you have denser wood (which may well be the case if you have posher/higher grade wood than me (ooer missus!) that's perfectly possible.

But I take it that yours as it came out of the box was quite stock heavy? Interesting...

I´ve taken all the weights off my super trap and it also balances on the pin, it also feels a lot lighter now. Just right for me.

I have a custom made stock that weighs 980Grm and that is only the wood , without pad or screws etc.

I took the weights off mine, big mistake!  

She floated and got rescued by an old couple from Ontario, on a canal boat holiday.

Latest posts

Back