Wanted 725 S3 30INCH

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are you saying that quality is crap
That pretty much sums it up. Trigger isn't great, random unexpected increases in pull weight. Pins pitted really quickly, resulting in some cartridges with hard primers not firing. Got some hardened pins from the States and had those fitted, which seemed to resolve that issue. Probably best to avoid the black actioned model, it wears really quickly.

Edit to add - shame really, as otherwise he loves it. Well balanced (not nose heavy like some of the 525s), nice palm swell and fits him reasonably. In fact, he had a Perazzi for a while but got rid of it as he prefers the feel of the Browning.

That pretty much sums it up. Trigger isn't great, random unexpected increases in pull weight. Pins pitted really quickly, resulting in some cartridges with hard primers not firing. Got some hardened pins from the States and had those fitted, which seemed to resolve that issue. Probably best to avoid the black actioned model, it wears really quickly.

Edit to add - shame really, as otherwise he loves it. Well balanced (not nose heavy like some of the 525s), nice palm swell and fits him reasonably. In fact, he had a Perazzi for a while but got rid of it as he prefers the feel of the Browning.
To me it’s interesting that the Miroku Mk11 ( side plate game gun in the U.K. but available as a normal action sporter in other markets ) , is built on a 725 action body but uses a 525 type inertia block trigger, rather than the 725 ‘ mechanical ‘ type .

To me it’s interesting that the Miroku Mk11 ( side plate game gun in the U.K. but available as a normal action sporter in other markets ) , is built on a 725 action body but uses a 525 type inertia block trigger, rather than the 725 ‘ mechanical ‘ type .
Interesting. Will have to have a look at that, I keep trying to persuade him to change because of the trigger issue and that might be an option. Can always get the auto-safety sorted by a competent gunsmith

Interesting. Will have to have a look at that, I keep trying to persuade him to change because of the trigger issue and that might be an option. Can always get the auto-safety sorted by a competent gunsmith
Yes , it’s a 5 minute job . Conversely a lot of Browning game guns are now manual safety and come with the auto connect bit as a spare in the box .

Yes , it’s a 5 minute job . Conversely a lot of Browning game guns are now manual safety and come with the auto connect bit as a spare in the box .
It is a bit longer than a 5 minute job on the 725. I have one which has been faultless and the blacking on barrels and action is unmarked. I do carry it in a gunslip from stand to stand and I wear shooting gloves Summer and Winter. I too have the USA firing pins and mainspring but have not needed to fit them. However , I do remove the firing pins every 6 months, clean, lubricate and refit. This avoids any misfires. I found the palm swell a bit of a handful and the stock 1/2" too long, but otherwise its great. I probably shoot around 400 cartridges a month on average.

It is a bit longer than a 5 minute job on the 725. I have one which has been faultless and the blacking on barrels and action is unmarked. I do carry it in a gunslip from stand to stand and I wear shooting gloves Summer and Winter. I too have the USA firing pins and mainspring but have not needed to fit them. However , I do remove the firing pins every 6 months, clean, lubricate and refit. This avoids any misfires. I found the palm swell a bit of a handful and the stock 1/2" too long, but otherwise it’s great. I probably shoot around 400 cartridges a month on
Yes gloves , never shoot without . I’ve always got a couple of pairs of McWetts in my shooting bag , leather Dents , and if it’s really hot Solognac clay (fingerless) ftom Decathalon are the bargain of the century . Unfortunately J and P springs will no longer ship their up specced parts to the U.K. I’ve got them in my Mk38 and was looking for some to fit my 20gauge but alas ..

Ah, McWetts. THAT explains why the kid on the counter in McDonalds looked at me with a blank expression when I asked for "A pair of 8 1/2's with mesh backs, please " !
Oh, and I'm certainly NOT putting any Dents on my barrels ?
😁

Regarding the auto safe lever on the 725, it connects to the hammer cocking system, so parts need to be removed to do the job. Mine came as an auto safe and I looked at the job involved. I took it to a Gunsmith !

Regarding the auto safe lever on the 725, it connects to the hammer cocking system, so parts need to be removed to do the job. Mine came as an auto safe and I looked at the job involved. I took it to a Gunsmith !
WRT the MK11 , it’s a 725 action body with a 525 trigger , apparently someone at Miroku didn’t think a 72 gm double discharge of sixes at a pheasant was sporting . I’ve seen it done on the next peg with a Pro Sport … not pretty

WRT the MK11 , it’s a 725 action body with a 525 trigger , apparently someone at Miroku didn’t think a 72 gm double discharge of sixes at a pheasant was sporting . I’ve seen it done on the next peg with a Pro Sport … not pretty
I don't know WHAT some people do with their guns ? I have heard the horror stories about the 725 triggers. I have owned an XS Pro, a ProSport, an MK38, and a 725 Black. Now either I am extremely fortunate, or I am doing something right. I have NEVER had a trigger problem, apart from the odd 'frozen' finger on pulling the trigger, which certainly was not the fault of the gun. My last game shooting day, in the company of ips (once a contributor on here). I had taken an old AyA No. 2, which had been on a 50 year holiday. Auto safe, double triggers, I did not have a problem. I shot 4 birds with 6 shots on the first drive. I was quite happy with that, considering I had not even handled the gun in 50 years. The Wednesday after that shoot I shot 100 sporting targets with a 30 years Classic Doubles O/U, again without a problem. I can only think I have been very lucky.

Apart from a Baikal gun that a guy at the shooting ground was complaining wouldn't fire, this was due to a VERY heavy trigger, all of the 'trigger' issues I have witnessed have been user error.

Apart from a Baikal gun that a guy at the shooting ground was complaining wouldn't fire, this was due to a VERY heavy trigger, all of the 'trigger' issues I have witnessed have been user error.
Yes l thought l had a faulty 725 mk2 when it started double discharging. Then l realised there was a very short hardly discernable gap between shots, so it was me pulling the trigger on recoil! (But did get a really tight pattern!) So l think the mechanical triggers aren't for everyone.

Yes l thought l had a faulty 725 mk2 when it started double discharging. Then l realised there was a very short hardly discernable gap between shots, so it was me pulling the trigger on recoil! (But did get a really tight pattern!) So l think the mechanical triggers aren't for everyone.
That is highly possible. I had something similar after a shoulder operation. I was using a Beretta 303 semi auto. In a couple of competitions, I had a cartridge jam. Only 1 or 2 but enough to have you thinking about gun faults. When I sat and thought about it, later, at home. I realised that I had been so used to Browning/Miroku triggers and that bit of play that is inherent on those triggers, i was taking up the slack after the first shot, in order to get onto the second target. There being no 'slack' on the Beretta trigger, it was enough to cause the gun to jam. I began taking my finger well away from the trigger after the first shot, that stopped the problem.

Very happy to stand corrected on this point bit I understand that inertia triggers on some guns require the trigger be released or 'relaxed' to ensure it will reset for the second barrel. Not sure this is entirely relevant to the point here but there's always some learning curve gun to gun.

Back