686 barrel weights

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Visit your local glaziers suppliers and get some of the self adhesive 'lead lighting' strips. They are designed to fit double glazed windows,  giving the lead light look. 2 strips of these will fit on either side of the centre rib, under the forend and will add forward weight without any gun damage or modification.  They are also a lot cheaper than any retro fit barrel weights. The Browning barrel weights are £74 for example  !

Hi all

Does anybody know of any barrel weights that will fit a 686 sporter. 

Cheers
I’m fairly sure Beretta don’t do a factory barrel weight for the 686, only 69 and DT series guns. You’ll have no problems finding a universal clamp on weight for about $50 posted.

You can use lead strips but they look pretty amateur. Depends whether you care about appearance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m fairly sure Beretta don’t do a factory barrel weight for the 686, only 69 and DT series guns. You’ll have no problems finding a universal clamp on weight online for about $50 posted.
I cant find one for the 686 range, as you say 694 or DT. I need to add 30g if its 2" to  3" back from the muzzle, obviously  more the further back i go. Not over keen on using the fore end area as i think that will drastically change the weight between hands.

May look into super extended chokes as its 30"  so wont look too outlandish.

Or pop into my mates engineering shop and see if he can knock something up along the lines of the Browning.

Heavier chokes???? Maybe just a different  make not necessarily  the super extended.  

Jasper

I cant find one for the 686 range, as you say 694 or DT. I need to add 30g if its 2" to  3" back from the muzzle, obviously  more the further back i go. Not over keen on using the fore end area as i think that will drastically change the weight between hands.

May look into super extended chokes as its 30"  so wont look too outlandish.

Or pop into my mates engineering shop and see if he can knock something up along the lines of the Browning.
On the 694, IF you use the Beretta weights, you have no option but to fit them inside the forend area. The Browning barrel weights may fit if you have a vented mid rib between the tubes. I would be inclined to try adding weight in a manner that can be tried over several 100 bird shoots. I am speaking from experience here, having done this to my ProSport.  Ben80 off here apparently has a "shed full of barrel weights" maybe he can assist  ??

Yes, i had those on my 694 and they worked out quite well for me.

But this is a mates gun, He has shot probably 400 with weight taped on in different positions and has settled on 30g 3" back from the muzzle. Cant believe that Beretta dont do barrel weights for the 686 range in all its guises with the numbers sold.

Wished i had picked up the one somebody literally threw in the bin on a shoot ( Browning ) after one side had cracked on the fixing hole and he took it off and launched it. Didnt realise they were £74 !!!!

Yes, i had those on my 694 and they worked out quite well for me.

But this is a mates gun, He has shot probably 400 with weight taped on in different positions and has settled on 30g 3" back from the muzzle. Cant believe that Beretta dont do barrel weights for the 686 range in all its guises with the numbers sold.

Wished i had picked up the one somebody literally threw in the bin on a shoot ( Browning ) after one side had cracked on the fixing hole and he took it off and launched it. Didnt realise they were £74 !!!!
Yes, I too had one break across the fixing hole. I braced it with a thin piece of aluminium and used a metal bonding glue, finally spraying it with matt grey primer paint. It worked well enough and was cheaper than someone trying to flog me a used one for £35  ?

You could try Malmo Guns, they are extremely helpful and may just have a used Browning weight for sale.

The simplest method I've come up with for this is to just wear a heavy stainless case wrist chronograph.  The Speedmaster is 105gm and I've found that quite effective.  I maintain the balance of the gun with a silver ID bracelet on the right wrist.  You can fine tune the system with a variety of rings or even additional bracelets since more than one watch looks a bit strange.

HTH

Charlie

Back