4 Counties 6/5/12

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzrat

After Weston we headed back down Wantage way and through to 4 C's. Got there about 1 booked on and enjoyed one of their excellent cheeseburgers, always well cooked and piping hot with a lightly toasted bun, god I want another one now!

Anyway enough rambling about burgers onto the shooting, as expected the rush had died down and we took a leisurely wander round starting on a r-l bunny o/r teal, 1 teal away here. Shooting out to the field next and this always gets me unstuck, must be the background falling away that screws with my reading of line. l-r close crossing/quartering away followed by a r-l crosser which looked as if it was dropping like a stone, it wasnt and I missed all of them. Simo overhead with a r-l crosser next. Found out it was simo after my first pair :( guy in front was shooting the overhead so fast the crosser wasnt in view so assumed on report (Quick note, Sue I forgot to mention earlier, but if you do read, any chance of a "menu" on the stand so we know if its simo, o/r, midi, battue etc and how many pairs, I never look at my card else I count ;) ) thought I had got a quick pull on the crosser and asked the ref is that simo, answer, yes.

Longish chondel at the top end of the carpark was a nifty target and I never got close, still a real problem area for me as I threw 9 targets away here, 4 on this stand and 5 on the simo chondel/l-r at the bottom end of the carpark.

Ended off with a 44ex70 (near as dammit 63%) so again no harm done but could/should have been better.

Enjoyable round to finish the day, Go on 4 C's make every other Reg a 100 birder even its just through the summer months, I dare ya :p

Shot 4C's today for the first time. As this is only the second registered I've been to, comparisons are pointless, so will just say it was a very enjoyable experience! I have lots of catching up to do in ESP, but will be working on it! Nice place, friendly people, will deffo go again. Finished with a 39 ex 70, and definitely left half a dozen out there, so will be looking for improvement over the summer. Agree with Fuz, 100 birder would be great here. ;) :D

Saw that Tiptop, good shooting. 3rd I believe, 55 was winning C when we left and there was very few reg entries left to come in.

Cheers fuz, I had only dropped 11 til the last two stands and dropped 8 on those final two

At least I can say I learnt something, the stand with the longish l-r crosser followed by the overhead up the hill opposite the clubhouse, the crosser was a very similar bird on the same stand as the berkshire champs and I over-led that by miles. Saw it today, had my plan and nailed the lot :) Just shows the more you shoot the better the picture library gets :)

Latest posts

Back