22 / 23 March....on my way home....will I be back in time to shoot?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaykaysea

Last day in the sunshine today...slight chance if the plane has a strong following wind I might get to shoot tomorrow....but that really would be a bonus...

So looks like another weekend without pulling the trigger...so I really need to hear what you lot are up to....Will have to try and sneak out of work one day next week....

Ps for those of you not on Facebook a big shout out to the lovely Clynt and gorgeous Paul Cooper for their fabulous selfies.....guys the fantasies I have been playing out on my sunbed this afternoon you would not believe.....

:spiteful:   :girlcrazy:   :mole:

Last edited by a moderator:
You are not the only one to have spent a fortune on a holiday and to have sat round the pool imagining traps launching clays off the hotel roof.. :)

EJC and AGL midweek soon then..

Last day in the sunshine today...slight chance if the plane has a strong following wind I might get to shoot tomorrow....but that really would be a bonus...

So looks like another weekend without pulling the trigger...so I really need to hear what you lot are up to....Will have to try and sneak out of work one day next week....

Ps for those of you not on Facebook a big shout out to the lovely Clynt and gorgeous Paul Cooper for their fabulous selfies.....guys the fantasies I have been playing out on my sunbed this afternoon you would not believe.....

:spiteful:   :girlcrazy:   :mole:
Jen  I hope you really did have a fantastic time on your hols, you will notice the difference temp wise big time when you step out of the airport  (bring a coat) Chipper and myself are heading to Garlands 2mrw........ will get Nick to keep you posted on our little adventure up the M42 

Not sure if I'm shooting tomorrow, as I am taking me Mum and dad to the Gatwick in the morning, for 6AM check in!!!! I must have been mad to agree to getting up at 4 AM on a Sunday, still they are going to the on a 2 week cruise in the sun for their 50th wedding anniversary.

Anyone else at the grange in the morning?

www.proshock.co.uk

I'm back.....

Bloody hell it's cold.....and it is snowing on the Solent....WTF.....

Just got back from sywell.

Managed a 48/60, so another personal best for me!

Really starting to feel at home with my CG now. Especially now I've managed to purchase a gorgeous looking 2nd hand stock in left hand format complete with palm swell. My first proper L/H gun, and loving it!

Well that was a cracking morning!

Rain forecast between 10am and 12pm but it failed to materialise and we had a sunny but windy morning with the clays ducking and diving about a bit.

Just had my PB and broke 50 for the first time to score 58 at Cart Ridge near Saltash in Cornwall.

Its not a CPSA registered ground any more so it wasn't a reg'd shoot but they used to be evidently until there was a falling out over something the CPSA wanted which the ground wasn't prepared to do.

Big smile on my face ever since!

Shooting at Greenfields today, for the first time.
How did you get on ? I thought it was a really good one except the stupid orange away pairs, always think that sort of bird is Mickey mouse and a tiny bit of wind means it needs as much luck as judgement or skill.

Glad you are back safe and sound JKC. My day started again really negatively and I put no effort into my first shoot so ended up with about 46/100, couldn't even be bothered to count my score properly - nothing to do with the ground, it was all on me. Although first stand out, new scorer who thought you had to completely smash the clay to bits for it to count!!!!! When I noticed he was scoring 0 when Tony was hitting them he actually asked me if you had to anialate them to count. Secondly it was a Simo pair and twice only one clay came - he did not know it was a no bird and started to mark it as a miss until we explained what a no bird was. I felt sorry for him all the way round the course and went back to the clubhouse afterwards to suggest a bit more advice required but they seemed frustrated with him as they felt he had had enough tuition on how to score from several of them. I still think first day out someone experienced should watch you for a good while.

Anyway I was determined to get my act together before the second shoot which was Horne Gatton Bottom which had better weather for a start and I really enjoyed coming away with a PB of 71/100!!!! I think I missed a ladies win by one target but that is not important. Lots of stands with one or two away rather than only getting a couple.

Glad you are back safe and sound JKC. My day started again really negatively and I put no effort into my first shoot so ended up with about 46/100, couldn't even be bothered to count my score properly - nothing to do with the ground, it was all on me. Although first stand out, new scorer who thought you had to completely smash the clay to bits for it to count!!!!! When I noticed he was scoring 0 when Tony was hitting them he actually asked me if you had to anialate them to count. Secondly it was a Simo pair and twice only one clay came - he did not know it was a no bird and started to mark it as a miss until we explained what a no bird was. I felt sorry for him all the way round the course and went back to the clubhouse afterwards to suggest a bit more advice required but they seemed frustrated with him as they felt he had had enough tuition on how to score from several of them. I still think first day out someone experienced should watch you for a good while.

Anyway I was determined to get my act together before the second shoot which was Horne Gatton Bottom which had better weather for a start and I really enjoyed coming away with a PB of 71/100!!!! I think I missed a ladies win by one target but that is not important. Lots of stands with one or two away rather than only getting a couple.
Well done Sian well shot congratulations on your PB ...  :goodjob:   :thumbsup:

Shooting at Greenfields today, for the first time.

How did you get on ? I thought it was a really good one except the stupid orange away pairs, always think that sort of bird is Mickey mouse and a tiny bit of wind means it needs as much luck as judgement or skill.
Arrived about 10.30? Finished by midday. I shot 78/100. Enjoyed the targets, nice variety. Was sloppy on the driven (my 1st stand) and should have taken the time to change my choke on my last stand, a sim pair, which had a dropping teal being blown back towards me that I would have wiped out with my 1/4 choke but kept just missing it with 3/4 (all in my head I know but once I think I'll miss, then I miss). Husband says he's happy to go back, so we definitely will.

Arrived about 10.30? Finished by midday. I shot 78/100. Enjoyed the targets, nice variety. Was sloppy on the driven (my 1st stand) and should have taken the time to change my choke on my last stand, a sim pair, which had a dropping teal being blown back towards me that I would have wiped out with my 1/4 choke but kept just missing it with 3/4 (all in my head I know but once I think I'll miss, then I miss). Husband says he's happy to go back, so we definitely will.
Never realised you were at Greenfields today would have nipped over for a chat had I known perhaps next time guys. :spiteful:   

Good weekends shooting,

Practice at Widdington Saturday pm hit most of the long stuff but still missing simple close floaty things!

Sunday was garlands first for a 79 and fourth place in class, I had a great start but got a little lost on the mid section with a brain fart on simple looking target with a battue to follow. Not too shabby just a few light as we say!

Then off to Weston wood after fighting my way on a diversion as the M40 was closed from an accident. Started on stand 12 and the did it numerically after that, didn't really miss much until the back side of the wood had a wobble on the sim pair r/l crossers but scraped a 4 there finished ok and carded 82 for a second place in B, result happy with the weekend in general and some nice weather too.

Good weekends shooting,

Practice at Widdington Saturday pm hit most of the long stuff but still missing simple close floaty things!

Sunday was garlands first for a 79 and fourth place in class, I had a great start but got a little lost on the mid section with a brain fart on simple looking target with a battue to follow. Not too shabby just a few light as we say!

Then off to Weston wood after fighting my way on a diversion as the M40 was closed from an accident. Started on stand 12 and the did it numerically after that, didn't really miss much until the back side of the wood had a wobble on the sim pair r/l crossers but scraped a 4 there finished ok and carded 82 for a second place in B, result happy with the weekend in general and some nice weather too.
Good shooting Jason!!!

Just found out I won B class on Sunday at Greenfields. Rather chuffed as it was my first visit. I'll have to go back now

Latest posts

Back