Clever RVS Magic 3's 7-1/4 Shot

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geordieboy

Morning all

Shells then. I love my Fiocchi's I really do.  Great patterns through my Mk38 trap and my HPX DSR.  Especially the F3 Pistons in 8.5's and 9's.  

Then somebody comes along raving about CLEVER shells and gives you a box to try.  I shot the Krieghoff Sporting Masters yesterday and what an awesome shoot the talented Mr Lovatt delivered.  Top shots missing really tricky targets.  So then, as an 'A' Class shot with little hope of delivering a score that would get me in the money, I thought I'd shoot that box of Green Clever shells at the long stuff.  A friend of mine assured me of their abilities at Range and he's AAA class.

So I popped in my first shell at at 30+yd crossing rabbit.  5/8th choke dispatched this rabbit into convincing little bits.......with a lack of recoil only a 24gram shell can seem to hide.  The following 4 followed suit and I was praised for my breaks.  Rabbits are only ever dusted really within 15yds of course.......but I was already convinced.  The long Teal followed and the same shell and choke combination made bits of of the target so much so I was accused of having full choke in my gun.  Yet again......the low recoil the biggest surprise.  Next up was a 60yd fast chondel which was obliterated once again, and the last stand had a 50 yd Battue which was turned inside out.  Thing is, my current crop of shells can really break clays at range......but they can't do it as soft and smooth as these Green b*ggers did.  24 shells, 24 very soft, very convincing kills.  I love 'em.  Now I want to try some other shells in the CLEVER range.  In particular the T4 Pro-Sporting in 8's with a fancy wad that sounds like it is a PISTON.  Has anybody shot them and where can I get them?

Cheers

Kostelecky was shooting some fancy Clever RVS 'Fly High' cartridges in Rio (clear plastic hull and lime green wad). Not that they did him much good against Ed's Cheddites  ;)

DT

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back