Don't take a holiday - ruins your shooting !

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AW13

Been away for a while on holiday and not shot for a month.  I was rubbish today, started to get back on form towards the end, at one point I began to wonder whether my barrels were bent!

I will have to have a stern word with myself and 'dry' practice before next weekend.    :frown:

do what I do arrange holidays to include shooting. For instance in June Mrs ips and I had three days at bywel for dtl open then four days in Whitby followed by three days at Bev for abt open ..... Job done, nice holiday :)

What ips says.  We're off to the New Forest for a few days.  Owls Lodge, Spitfire Shoot and Widdington are on the agenda.

Hmmm. I was in deepest dark Burgundy wine area, no shooting options unfortunately.  Mind you we had a great time I suppose the trade off is a drop in shooting performance.

I did visit a couple of gun shops to find out about their ball-trap etc for future reference, their clubs seem to be private.  Maybe shoot locally next time.

Hmmm. I was in deepest dark Burgundy wine area, no shooting options unfortunately.  Mind you we had a great time I suppose the trade off is a drop in shooting performance."

There would have been shooting opportunities I can assure you but you have to know the stands. To my knowledge to shoot any clay targets in France the club must be reg'd with FFBT and if you have an FFBT licence you can shoot anywhere in France at any club.  Anyway you did not go to an area of France producing the finest wines and cuisine to waste your time shooting... did you? 

Doesn't seem to affect me, I work offshore so rotate back to UK around every 5-6 weeks with long haul flights, just get straight back into it.

in fact last month I landed Friday afternoon, left for pilford shoot early saterday and still came first in out group of 8 ?

I've had a couple weeks off shooting and managed to get a new personal best of 81/100 on Saturday.

Great score for me, terrible for others! 

The time off actually helped me think about targets etc and I felt more confident when I got to the competition.

I had three weeks off about two years ago, came back and got HG! I was just chilled and had no expectations.

Doesn't seem to affect me, I work offshore so rotate back to UK around every 5-6 weeks with long haul flights, just get straight back into it.

in fact last month I landed Friday afternoon, left for pilford shoot early saterday and still came first in out group of 8 ?
Pilford...thats a bit of a jog from brighton?

looking forward to it this saturday :smile:

My FIL shoots there every month with a small group, I go and shoot with him when ashore.

i joined the club last time there and as a newbie shooter ( less than a year), thought I would start in C class, but no, they put me in AA, straight away!!!!

mike

Last edited by a moderator:
yep...goes on your last 3 consecutive scores,had a very bad day last year and went down to A

got a torrent of abuse for sandbagging!

the best club shoot i have been too :smile:

some of our best shots sure put some lead up the spouts ,  good luck to em   wish I could afford to   and have the time  to do it . !     :wink:

Shot some practice on Saturday for the first time (shooting) since February due to knee surgery. Have to say, I actually think I was better (I wasn't very good before) and was pretty happy with the amount I hit considering the lengthy layoff.

Latest posts

Back