Southdown Reg ESP 25/1/15

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamster

Having just made the last entry time with 2 min to spare I was too flustered to get any sort of score in, that and the fact that as no.156 entry it meant shooting all but a couple of stands blind without the undoubted benefits of watching a few being tackled, so my worst score (reg or otherwise) in maybe 20 years :pinch:  .

BUT, just can't see why we have not had a post praising this shoots targets at the very least ! People have been knocking Southdown a bit lately but the course was as good as I have seen almost anywhere with loads of tricks, speeds, distance, variety, etc, the silly close rabbit is always going to be unfair but hey. 

Simply put a really decent hard round with almost no gimme's which is as it should be for a registered event. The dirt track also appears to have had a bit of a make over so most of the deep ruts have been filled in; I would not have made it to the booking in office in time otherwise.  :mole:

What did those who shot it think of the course ?

There was a bit of comment yesterday, on other threads. I didn't go, but did their FSP last week, which, weather aside, I thought was good and well thought out. Good targets. Firm but fair. Facilities good enough. Will probably try their midweek ESP reg end of feb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hamster,

Tony and I went and thought it a very good shoot.  He ended up 2nd in A class and I got 58/100 which for the course was good for me.  Some tricky targets which were great.  Lovely weather as well so showed Southdown at its best really, no wind or rain and the sun was shining.  Heavily attended which is good for the ground.  

Hamster see post - I seem to have lost it. Post 27.

I would like to add this was one really good, hard, testing shoot. Never had one no bird. Very hard shoot.

I blew hot and cold over all the stands. Shot blind to most stands no one in front of me. Put in a really crap score but straighted some really hard stands as well.

Got all the rabbits.

It was stand 12 the report left to right crossers at the lane's end that did me in. Down hill from there.

Sorry I missed you but I shot it early.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much learned how to shoot at Southdown and Wylye ,probably two of the best grounds in the country at the time ,yesterday they got very close to the standard

they use to set on the sporting layout .About a year or so ago they lost their way a bit , a few others and i stopped going except for selection shoots ,if they continue to 

keep that level of target quality i will keep going back and i guess others will as well .

I thought there wasn't much let up all through the shoot . Tough and technical . That stand 12 was a killer . I got the first pair and missed the rest . No excuse I know but the wind was variable and was pushing that long crosser further away I thought . Got all the rabbits

25th January 2015

Name Class Score Prize

ESP

P Thomas AA 1st 93 £100

RJ King AA 2nd 90 £60 or free m’ship

J Attwood/S Rudling AA 3nd 89 Half price entry

K Bennett A 1st 83 £100

A Hoskins A 2nd 82 £60 or free m’ship

s Wells A 3rd 80 Free ESP/STR

B Gibson B 1st 84 £100

R Wicks B 2nd 72 £60 or free m’ship

M Cobbold/P Finney/O Wyatt B 3rd 70 Half price entry

G Dryer C 1st 70 £100

G Symes C 2nd 68 £60 or free m’ship

A Mondesir C 3rd 65 Free ESP/STR

N Accaputo V – 1st 75 £40

A Cox/C Milne V – 2nd 74 Half price entry

V – 3rd £20

H Gibson L – 1st 70 £40

J Harrison Junior 34 £10

G Goodhew Colt

I wanted to shoot this event but turned up at 1145 to find not one spare place to park. Hung around for a while along with many others before deciding to go elsewhere. Shame really as with a bit of thought from some drivers another 20 cars could have got in. Perhaps Bob could add another thing to his long list and stick a car park marshall on for these big events. Sounded a good shoot.

I wanted to shoot this event but turned up at 1145 to find not one spare place to park. Hung around for a while along with many others before deciding to go elsewhere. Shame really as with a bit of thought from some drivers another 20 cars could have got in. Perhaps Bob could add another thing to his long list and stick a car park marshall on for these big events. Sounded a good shoot.
That's a real bummer Mark  :mellow:  you're right of course, there are times when you can just stand there and marvel at some peoples parking but to run completely out of spots is bad. Did you try the right hand field by the Compak side ?

Cars already in there both sides. Didn't fancy going too far up in my zero grip car! Having said that there would have been plenty of people around for a push - ha!

Shot yesterday the FSP, enjoyed targets very much. I'll sertainly go there in the future. No troubles with traps or anything els.

I just love shooting in uk, people are so helpfull and frendly.

We are a friendly bunch that's for sure . Targets were very good and I was surprised by the scores in all classes . Were you late and missed the first layout ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Yes we came late, but shot one layout at the first pause.

I thought so . You both shot with our group after you that . How did you get on today ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back