New Classifications for Trap

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dog Tyred

Just had a look at the new classification scores for fast trap. While UT and ABT class cut-offs have stayed pretty constant, the OT cut-offs have gone up a whooping 3 targets in each class!

Either everybody is getting better at this game or the number of 'average shooters' is dwindling meaning the top shots are having a bigger influence on the averages?

Any thoughts?

DT

Just had a look at the new classification scores for fast trap. While UT and ABT class cut-offs have stayed pretty constant, the OT cut-offs have gone up a whooping 3 targets in each class!

Either everybody is getting better at this game or the number of 'average shooters' is dwindling meaning the top shots are having a bigger influence on the averages?

Any thoughts?

DT
Your right hardly no one shooting OT down this end of the woods same old 10 or 15 faces plus Les !!

:girlcrazy:

OT cut offs have always been up and down affairs as far as I rememeber, unlike ABT which is usually quite stable.

Not sure what the reason is but as Nic says "scratch" is the future :)

Here is a question for the "I like the class system" shooters.

At this time of year are you wishing to be just out of a class or just in it ??

Scenario

Missed A class in a fast trap discipline by .1% is this good because your now right at the top of B class.... or is it bad because you wanted the kudos of being in A class even though you would have been right at the bottom had you snuck .2% more in the last shoot ??

Seems to me that the only time any of us could be completely happy with our game is if we were top of the top class but more importantly winning HG pretty much every week.

Classes ..... pah.

If scratch competitions really are the way forward where are the entries and the prize fund going to come from?  I doubt you will attract shooters to enter competitions knowing all the are doing is creating a prize fund for a top shooter to win.

Selection shoots are scratch in as much as team places are not divided up within the classes they are awarded to the most consistently good shooters.

pool shoots are scratch.

many winter series type shoots are scratch

Anyway no more on this or we will go off topic and we have covered this on other threads. Back to topic.

IPS

Interesting question.

I had resigned myself to going up a class (just) for OT but now the cut-offs have gone up so much I stay where I was, which I am quite relieved about.

Is that bad ? :resent:

DT

I don't know if it's good or bad DT as you know I don't concern myself with such things but if I am honest many years ago when I did concern myself I Spose I wanted the kudos of being in a top class but none of it matters if your shooting selection process.

If scratch competitions really are the way forward where are the entries and the prize fund going to come from? I doubt you will attract shooters to enter competitions knowing all the are doing is creating a prize fund for a top shooter to win.
Top shooters or rather the best shooter on the day always win.

If scratch competitions really are the way forward where are the entries and the prize fund going to come from?  I doubt you will attract shooters to enter competitions knowing all the are doing is creating a prize fund for a top shooter to win.
Two of our new Fedecat competitions for 2015 (talking International shooting only) are 30,000 for the Europeans and 40,000 for the Worlds. Not sure of the Trap 3 prizes yet.

I did a quick add up of the 2015 money competitions out there (various) ....and without Dubai....there is 1,534,000 E up for grabs already ......and the Perazzi Grand Italia competitions or the Green Cup have not yet been announced yet.

:wink:

Edited as I forgot to say....everything is scratch in the world of GBR shooting or any individual international competitions. The world does not know 'classes'.....only categories.....true story.

Last edited:
"Edited as I forgot to say....everything is scratch in the world of GBR shooting or any individual international competitions. The world does not know 'classes'.....only categories.....true story."

Yes Nic I know hat from shooting down here... can you give me an explanation of the rational for categories based on age?... if indeed there is one! We see competitors winning prizes down here based on the fact that they are a certain age and made a certain score... it defies logic!

Exactly John and categories for sex. When I'm reality many of the top ranking ot and abt shooters are classed as vets super vets or female. Seems to me that being female has no detrimental effect on good scores and neither does membership of saga.

Depends on which Federation you are playing with John.

Last edited:
Your right hardly no one shooting OT down this end of the woods same old 10 or 15 faces plus Les !!

:girlcrazy:
Yeah and Les ain't gonna bother with it much longer, in fact we won't even have any soon!

Will............explain your new idea

DT ....no one is really bothered but they will probably talk a lot about it...probably Nash teeth and maybe wail a little.....but then everyone will get back into line like nice Stepford shooters and play nicely as they are told to.

Scratch is the future
Hmm. Dog tyred is right about why. My system (which was only designed for ESP but could well work with trap) wouldn't actually change the cut offs from rising for the two reasons stated by the OP. It merely places people in order of the pack. If the pack is full of top shooters then the cut offs for averages will rise..

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back