Why no GB.....

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiptop

As fitasc is referred to on here as the rolls royce of some disciplines,a world governing body,the greatest thing ever,the be all and end all of shooting.

A question which those in the know, i'm sure will be able to answer.

Why when you look on the official Fitasc website are there no competitions listed in the GB.(for any discipline)

As for instance there is a Compak GB Grand Prix at Barbury yet no mention of it in their list along with all the other GP events,and there is no mention for any other discipline.

Are we not impotant enough,are we not recognised as a fitasc nation, although we have some of the greatest fitasc shots about.

Or am i looking in the wrong place.....just wondering thats all.

Yes that is correct.

BICTSF are the international governing body for the sport and they select the GB teams.

CPSA is the English national governing body and they select only the England home international team and the England Commonwealth Games team.

All info on FITASC disciplines is on the official BICTSF site as Jem pointed out. 

(ooops forgot they also select the USA / Cpsa World English Sporting team and the ICTSF World English Sporting team).

Last edited:
Its a little complicated to a layman tiptop, On the "official" FITASC  website   none of our selection shoots will be on there! unless its a Grand Prix World Cup event!  to qualify this, it means that it has to be 200 targets, A World Cup event, advertised as this, pay a fee per head to FITASC Paris, the shoot has to be open to any shooter from anywhere in the world as long as they are a paid up member of their national organisation affiliated to FITASC.

You can however have a selection shoot (GB) thats called a Grand Prix but not a World Cup event but it will not be advertised on FITASC's website!

Thanks for your answers and clarifying that for me. :good:

Just got to decide now which of the Compaks to shoot.

Latest posts

Back