First ShootClay Meet-up - BCA in Maidenhead

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
So - fairly impromptu, a few of us decided to meet at the Berkshire College of Agriculture for the 50 birder they put on most weekends... we had myself (Matt), Outlaw (Tony), JonSkeet and GavB.Tricky setup this week - with lots of quite deceptive targets - looking to beat you for pace and placement. Quick run of the stands as follows (keep me honest if I have misremembered anything guys):Stand 1 - Two over the shoulder going away birds and down a valley - wind made the drop fast from an awkward pick up point.Stand 2 - Scorecard killer - Sim Pair of rangy crossers that were set about 6/8 feet off the ground, but below you on the edge of the valley.Stand 3 - Left to Right incomer O/R Right to left quartering Stand 4 - Left to Right Looper O/R with a rangy quartering bird from Right to Left Stand 5 - Floppy incoming right to left O/R with a rangy going away birdStand 6 - Sim Pair of left to right crossers which crossed paths in the middle - tricky to judge speed on theseAll in All - we thought these were a challenging set of targets - nothing easy out there. So, now I have excuses ready - the scores on the doors:Outlaw - 35 / Matt - 31 / GavB - 20 / JonSkeet - 15The scores werent as important as having a big of lunchtime fun on a Saturday - tidy little shoot, wth a decent bacon rolls afterwards - and GREAT to meet some of my new forum friends. Thanks guys, see you all soon!

Hi,It was great meeting you all :) a good laugh breaking clays, wish i'd brought the other 391 now . but they were testing but nothing silly.Definitely need to practice my sporting :)The sausage, egg and bacon roll was excellent ., now back to the digging :(Cheers,Jon.

Hey guys, thanks for a friendly shoot, I was a bit worried at making myself look silly after such a long lay off but was pleased with how I shot on some really clever birds, better still my better half didnt get bored.

great to meet up chapswill definately go there again, I thought the targets were very well done and quite technicallooking forward to the next time

Same Gav, I just need to focus on my mount and forget my eye issues now, seems to be sorted thank god. I just hope the next layout there is a bit easier so we can all get a confidence boost .. They also have an open day there so it might be nice if I can get my daughter down there with her semi auto for a few pops.

This Sun I may go to Four Counties. I want to be nearer home for the Italian GPSat 17th might be possible. Need some fibres though

looking forward to valley view this weekend and you need to find a shoot near me .

When I was there last before the revamp there were signs saying from August Fibre wads only.Not sure if they followed this through?

Just emailed them to check - I remember those signs there as well

Reply from Valley ViewHi MattWe are trying to promote the use of fibre wads over plastic however, it is not restricted to only fibre wads. RegardsValley View Sporting Gun Club

Back