West Kent

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody

West Kent Shooting School, just outside Paddock wood, is great.  The sporting shoot is set around a wooded area and the pathways and stands are flat and very well maintained. It's also a loop so you start and end back at the club house.  

Club house is easy access, with nice facilities and a shop.

I went there on Friday with my Dad who unfortunately suffers from an ataxia. He didn't struggle at all.

unfortunately for me, being a city slave, the ground is only open Monday to Friday so I can only go when I take extra time off.

I went to West Kent some years ago and I do remember that the sporting is nicely set out through the woods on a flat level.

Agreed it is a good practice ground but sadly, to the best of my knowledge anyway, there are no registered ESP/FSP comps held there ?

Kentskeet said:
I think they may have plans to address that next year Malc!
That would be really good news, on the whole it's a very nice place with enormous potential for target presentation but presently let down by this electronic self button system which I dislike if for no other reason than I prefer human interaction. The last time I shot there the targets were either too close or just plain uninspiring. I struggled to get through two boxes of shells. 

West Kent are holding registered sporting shoots in the New Year during the week. Gillian told me this herself.

West Kent are holding registered sporting shoots in the New Year during the week. Gillian told me this herself.
Same here.  I gather that they are doing it because they no longer have helice there and they need to do something else to keep their premier plus status.

Good to hear. I have only been there once, for a side by side event about three years ago. Nice place. Not great targets that day, so hope that this has / will improve.

If they keep the self score leccy theme I have a feeling I might make the top 20.
They had a charity shoot there a couple of months ago that I went to.  All stands had someone on the button and taking the scores.  The claymate thing is only for practice and lessons, which is what mainly goes on there at the moment.

The targets there do get a bit 'samey' after a while on some of the stands, but there are a number of different points that each 'stand' can be shot from, which makes for a bit of variety.  The tower, gillys stand and the rabbit all have some challenging targets on them.

Latest posts

Back