IT COULD BE IMPORTANT ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guerini Guy

As a keen 63 year old shooter that suffers with long term Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, and ever increasing mobility problems, this sub-forum will be invaluable to me and I am sure there must be others who suffer similar problems to a greater or lesser degree. And as time passes, the number of shooters who suffer such difficulties is likely to increase, so I hope their patronage at the various shooting grounds continues to be of interest to ground owners.

Having shot Skeet for many years, my problems were not highlighted so much, but now my wife and I have made a definite and long term move over to ESP and FSP, the accessibility and topography of shooting grounds has become a big issue for us.

Many thanks to Matt for creating this area of the forum, and a lot of gratitude for those that have been prepared to assist us in the past and others that may do so in the future. If other ground owners are aware of the difficulties that their layouts may create, hopefully they will be pro-active and let us know on this forum section, hopefully along with any services they are prepared to offer in assistance?

Luckily, I have encountered some excellent responses to the problem and I look forward to informing others of my experiences.  :help:

Last edited by a moderator:
esp and fsp have and will always cause problems for the less mobile of us,it feels like ground owners think why make the stands accessable there may not even be any wheelchair users or folk that cant get up to that platform so why make the effort.Fitasc would not let us use our own quads to shoot in france (orval) so a couple of us attempted it  on mobility scooters and you wouldnt believe where we got on them but it wasnt nice working your but off to get to a post and then finding the post is on the side of a hill and your trying to shoot off balance.Then my biggest bug bear is making something inaccessable for vanity sake (look at rbs pics of folk at the entrance to the wood,theres a new big step for no good reason).

I could go on and on about whats wrong and where but after doing a lot of shooting from a wheelchair all over europe mainly fsp and esp i have come to the conclusion that its best to stick to the grounds that have made the effort or are flat with good tracks and now try and do sportrap/compac shoots as they are less work to get around.

Dont want to come across as a moaner,i know it isnt easy for a ground owner to justify making things 100% accessable but a bit of consideration when planning where to put stands would go a long way.

My pleasure to host this part of the forum... please spread the word that it is there, and I'll try and make sure we keep it neat and tidy with relevant information for people who need help around grounds. 

I think that you would find The Oaks fairly accessible although they do have a couple of stands which are shot from a raised platform. The stands are close together and several of them have seats for those waiting.

They always put on good targets and at £20.00 for a 100 is good value.

Latest posts

Back