2013 Sporting Home International Ballydugan

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy Baker

Visited the Home International as Driver for Ed and Support and Caddy for Lainy.

Arrived on Friday for a practise.

Nice little 50 over six stands for £10

Stayed in the Slieve Donard Hotel in Newcastle County Down (nice choice SCTA)

The Saturday bought the competition day.

Shot over 14 stands

What a cracking estate, layout and set of targets.

I was Lainy's support, caddy and general target discusser which I may add I really enjoyed.

The teams were squadded and very well organised 

The scoring system is something that should be adopted throughout squadded majors.

Each stand has the squad card for the stand and only the stand.

Its marked and removed by a runner back to scoring office.

Excellent way of scoring, no cards are carried by the squad saves all the faffing about.

The course was split morning the afternoon.

The targets were great I would have loved to have a go at them.

Nothing impossible great use of the sky. Speed distance and angle used to make the shooter concentrate but not to deceive.

http://www.ucpsa.com/ucpsa/images/resultscollateral/Sporting/Ballyduggan/Sporting%20HCIT1.pdf

Lorraine shot a 32 in the morning, dropping a few but it was the 'harder' of the two layouts in my view.

In the afternoon she shot really well scoring 40/50 to end on 72/100

4th overall Lady

Scotland Ladies 2nd to England by a clay.

I was so pleased for her she has had a few tough scores and worked really hard to bring it back.

Ed S helped her with some pointers on Fridays practise but it was mainly my excellent bag carrying skills.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant weekend! Company targets and weather (largely) all brilliant. Had a bad start in the morning (I assume it was something I ate Friday night..! ;-) ) but woke up after and saved a total embarrassment score wise.

Honestly one of the top 10 sets of targets I've ever shot.

Really enjoyed it as usual and look forward to next year if I'm lucky enough to make the team again.

Top driving Mr B, and some amusing chats on the way home!

Ed

What an AMAZING weekend and end to a really tough clay season. It's such a great feeling to end it on a high. You were a top SHAB Jeremy, thanks soooooo much.

Great shooting by you and Team England Ed. Thanks a lot for your help. Massive congrats to Rachel Willcock and Richard King too, awesome shooting - well done!

What a great weekend at the home international sporting in Northern Ireland, great friends great hospitality and some great shooting. Well done to team England on winning everything again (but only just!) 

Full Results - https://www.cpsa.co.uk/userfiles/file/Sporting%20HCIT%20Results%20scores.pdf

Lorraine you were awesome many more caps in your future I'm sure.

I would love to of had a crack at those targets but was more than happy being Rachel's caddy for the day.

All in all another great weekend and a brilliant end to the season

post-158-0-16048700-1379342812.jpg

Attachments

• shabs.jpg
    shabs.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 0
Absolutely loved the experience of shooting in my first home international!!! Shot very poorly on Saturday making loads of little mistakes with travel, perpetration and actual shooting...hope to have learned from them!!! Shot a wee bit better on Sunday in howling wind, with 5 England team members and their manager for 76. Great targets, great food/drink, stonking hotel on the sea front next to a golf course, great team spirit, took my wife and two boys who had a great time!!! If Carlesberg did home internationals... I'd have shot better!!! Plan to work hard, up my game and try to make the Scottish team next year too!!!

Massive thanks to all involved in making the weekend such a success!!! N. Ireland, you did yourself proud!!!

Back