Fitasc And Cpsa

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GavB

Someone was telling me the other day that you have to be in the CPSA to shoot FITASC is this correct?

In order to shoot in a FITASC competition abroad you have to be a member of an affiliated body. For the UK the affiliated body is BICTSF who choose the GBR teams. FITASC is an International discipline governed by a World Body (FITASC Paris).

The way a UK shooter is affiliated is through their home country organisation and for England that is CPSA who is a member of the BICTSF Board (it has 2 representatives on it).

Hope that helps.

Sorry I was rushing out to a meeting. Further clarification. You can be a member of any of the UK bodies as they are all affiliated to FITASC through BICTSF.

So you can be a member of the CPSA, or the WCTSA (Welsh), or SCTA (Scottish), or UCPSA (Ulster). I am also a member of the SCTA as it is just £42 even though I live in England.

You just have to be a member of one of them to qualify to shoot FITASC events around the world.

CPSA hold FITASC events in England to select England teams for the Home Internationals (by agreement of FITASC Paris and the BICTSF). In order to promote the sport in the UK.

But FITASC is a World Discipline owned and run in Paris. It has 5 disciplines, Sporting, Compak, Helice, UT and Combined Game.

Real FITASC medals have a blue ribbon and come from either a World Championship, European Championship or a World Cup event like the Pan African etc.

The teams that play on the world stage are GBR teams selected by the BICTSF selection shoots and they can be made up of a mixture of English, Scotch, Welsh or N Ireland.......on a first past the post selection.

Hope this helps.

That's what you get for being cocky mate! Anway Nicola would have only posted a picture of a gold one!!!! Jealous!!! :)
You have lost me boys.....I have no idea what you are on about.....is my page missing something??? What are you trying to post and why is mine a gold one? :huh:

I was trying to post an example of a medal, being cocky but I can't figure out how to post a picture!!! Then even if I did I know you would have posted a bigger and better one Nicola!

:wink: :wink:

When you hit reply.... click the 'more reply options' you can then attach and insert a picture...

Sorry I was rushing out to a meeting. Further clarification. You can be a member of any of the UK bodies as they are all affiliated to FITASC through BICTSF.

So you can be a member of the CPSA, or the WCTSA (Welsh), or SCTA (Scottish), or UCPSA (Ulster). I am also a member of the SCTA as it is just £42 even though I live in England.

You just have to be a member of one of them to qualify to shoot FITASC events around the world.

CPSA hold FITASC events in England to select England teams for the Home Internationals (by agreement of FITASC Paris and the BICTSF). In order to promote the sport in the UK.

But FITASC is a World Discipline owned and run in Paris. It has 5 disciplines, Sporting, Compak, Helice, UT and Combined Game.

Real FITASC medals have a blue ribbon and come from either a World Championship, European Championship or a World Cup event like the Pan African etc.

The teams that play on the world stage are GBR teams selected by the BICTSF selection shoots and they can be made up of a mixture of English, Scotch, Welsh or N Ireland.......on a first past the post selection.

Hope this helps.
Must admit I'm still a bit confused!! I think I understand the international bit and the selection for both the GB team and the home international team but, as an example Kegworth are advertising a 100 bird registered FITASC sporting shoot this weekend. Purely domestic shoot, advertised both on their own and obviously, the CPSA website. Do the CPSA or the ground have to have permission to use the FITASC name or are they winging it. All very confusing me thinks.

Mr Potter

Latest posts

Back