Zeiss 46N lens

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicky T

Had a chance (thanks to Ed Lyons) to try out the new Zeiss 46 N lens on Friday whilst shooting the Beretta World. Billed as a lens that will suppress a background, the 46N certainly lives up to its name. This was most noticeable when taking the lens off as a previously dullified background transformed into vibrant greens and browns.

I've only shot black and white coloured clays so far using it, but am interested to see how the lens performs on blaze or other coloured clays. So far I'm impressed!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking at getting a set of Outlaw's with the VIVX speciality lens kit but want to try the 46N first to see what its like on Blaze clays as I mainly shoot ESK.

Luckily a few friends have Pilla's I am going to try on Sunday to see which lenses work best for me. One has the 46N and swears by it.

Then, if I decide to get some its a case of shopping around for the best deal as they aint cheap.

I tried the 46N Zeiss Lenses today and by christ are they good. I will be getting the Outlaw X kit with Zeiss speciality kit from Doveridge asap.

I tried them too today and have been impressed enough to take the plunge.

I tried the 46N Zeiss Lenses today and by christ are they good. I will be getting the Outlaw X kit with Zeiss speciality kit from Doveridge asap.
Might be worth dropping @EdLyons a call as I believe that he has them in stock ;)

Jake I just spoke to Ed on Facebook. I fancy a pair of these too. Send him a chat .

The Outlaw kits are at £525, Purple Lenses £145 for Shootclay members which represents a good discount :nyam:

Ordered mine from Ed today, just need to sort an appointment to get my eyes looked at now.  :w00t:

Whit Zeiss lens kit is included in the Kit for £525 Ed?

How much can you do a Outlaw X for with the Speciality lens kit which includes the 46n Lens?

Cheers

Whit Zeiss lens kit is included in the Kit for £525 Ed?

How much can you do a Outlaw X for with the Speciality lens kit which includes the 46n Lens?

Cheers
All the Outlaw kits are at that reduced price for Shootclayers.
The Max 2.0 Kit comprises a 22ED, 38MO and 62 MO lens, frame and case, all Red-base lenses

The Enhanced Definition Kit comprises 22ED (Red), 42 ED (Amber/Brown) and 78 HC(Yellow) plus above

The Specialty Kit contains 52 HC (Pink/red), 58 HC(Yellow) and the much lauded 46 N (Purple)

Stocks are getting a bit low now but I have plenty of 46N lenses available for the Panther post, no post and Outlaw

I think they have been quite canny with the way in which they have packaged the kits.

My choice of the three is the Enhanced Definition Kit for all round performance - my overall favourites of the new lenses that make up MY kit is:

62MO - a tweak on the classic Max Orange 65

42ED - good for brighter light conditions (although i still love my old HDS 15)

78HC - a great pale lens with a punchy contrast boost

46N - comfortable all round

What I plan to do next is to look at the new Max 2.0 and see how it compares the the original Max Orange....

Tried my new 46N today....absolutely bloody fantastic. Dulls the green background and makes the orange stand out so well.

A very comfortable trap lense.....very impressed..!

Thank you Ed Lyons.

Randolph Purple is better :p  na na nana na

Randolph Purple is better :p
I have the Randolph Purple also Bryan.....and i can honestly say that although the Randolf is good and a lovely relaxing shade to have on for a long time..........the 46N is much better....honest.....it is fantastic...and much better in the high sunlight (I am speaking for Trap where the sun makes things very bright but is normally at the back or side of you).

Ahh , but have you tried the New Randolph glasses with Purple lens ?

Errrr.......Oooooops........ shabby chic here with my Randlophs....I did not know that there was a new purple.....

am i about to need to say sorry Bryan....?

What is the new lense called and i will check it out. 

Thank you.

Was that the new frame design you were wearing Sunday Bryan? If so, very smart. :)

Latest posts

Back