Whats going on with the adverts....

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philpot

I don't know if it is just my pc but I am getting adverts over the top of the index to the page, it does go by hitting the refresh key but not sure if there is a problem elsewhere.

Phil

Good tip Mike, I just installed Adblock, now I can't see any ads but I get a message from Adblock saying 9 ads blocked!!!! 

Now where can I get an app to stop Adblock messages?

I'm no expert on a pc but I'm sure that if you click on the Adblock icon it will open it and there are options on there to stop messages. 

I don't do apps either. 😬

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had add blocker for 12 months but beware after that it wants money from you to continue. I refused to pay but now I get no adds at all just add block continually popping up in their place and asking me to subscribe

I have had add blocker for 12 months but beware after that it wants money from you to continue. I refused to pay but now I get no adds at all just add block continually popping up in their place and asking me to subscribe
I've used Adblock for a few years now and it's very good too, a message pop's up now and again asking for a donation.

I just ignore it to be honest as it still keep's working.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll see if I can turn them down a bit.    It's the only thing covering costs on here at the moment, so bear with me while I try not to make them too intrusive. 

Thanks for letting me know, I'll see if I can turn them down a bit.    It's the only thing covering costs on here at the moment, so bear with me while I try not to make them too intrusive. 
Is it not the end of my world if they stay on, just thought it was strange for them to display actually in among the index, all forums have adverts top and bottom which is great but this was a bit strange, no big deal.

Phil

go into settings and remove the app' Total Ad blocker, that should stop the annoying pop up but still keeps the free one

I'm still getting dodgy ads, does anyone else get these?

I'm a bloke in my 70's, what would I want with a pink tee shirt?

1711398136606.png

I'm still getting dodgy ads, does anyone else get these?

I'm a bloke in my 70's, what would I want with a pink tee shirt?

View attachment 10654
I've been told most of those ads are targeted based on the cookies various websites will leave on your device, so one wonders whether and how you have indicated a similar interest :) What would mystify me is the copper codex next to the 'object of interest'.

Latest posts

Back