How much !

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Santa2512

Wow,  £140 or thereabouts to renew a shotgun cert

That's almost a slab and a half cartridges sacrificed 

Quick shout out .... Sod the mince pies and carrots, I shoot Fiocchi F Blacks ,   they will be far more acceptable 

:santaclaus:

Don't moan, talk of it increasing to £500 if the rumours and so far just rumours come to anything

Less money than a fishing license,when you divide it by five,if we want a good service we need to pay for it im afraid.
no guarantee if we pay more we will get a better service, and remember one of the principles of the license system when it was introduced was that as society at large benefits then tax payers make a contribution.

The thought of £500 per ticket is a stumbling block for many grass route shooters and pensioners like me and my wife, a grand for our tickets is a tall order but perhaps that is the reason, we give up shooting !!!!!

Phil

If government want away with something they just price it out of the reach of many, car CO2 emissions and road fund licence being one example

If I may ask , where has the sum of £500 come from . Is there any validity  to it ( ie  CPSA  , BASC , NGO etc ) or is it a ‘ bloke at the club said ‘ sort of thing ? 

The Police want full recovery of costs involved with issuing Firearms/ SG Certificates checks etc, it was on one of the shooting channels but can't remember which one.

They have been pushing this for quite a while, one of the governing bodies was pushing back saying it should be a 10yr licence if they want to try that on, one argument was that tax payers are subsidising the true cost to them(Police force), one of the replies from a certificate holder when this was brought up was 'I'm a Tax payer' so I'm already subsidising my certificate then ☺️

Maybe interesting if they also had a reduction for pensioners/juniors, if they are struggling to keep costs down due to admin then as mentioned above just extend the duration 

Shooting is dying now in the UK with the cost of cartridges going up month after month, If the price of a certificate goes up to £500 that will be the end of shooting simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
The thought of £500 per ticket is a stumbling block for many grass route shooters and pensioners like me and my wife, a grand for our tickets is a tall order but perhaps that is the reason, we give up shooting !!!!!

Phil
Don’t forget to add the GP report cost also to that of the ticket. 

Well that made my application just shy of £149 

would have been another tenner if i'd have opted for a check on my passport photo. 

£30 a year ,  cant really complain   ( but it will ;)  ) 

Latest posts

Back