Spur of the moment.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philpot

I popped into my rfd yesterday just to drop something off for him and as we all do, my eyes are scouring the racks, always dangerous and whilst looking on the bargain rack where I had picked up a Browning B80 a few weeks ago (and returned it) I noticed a pretty little gun that took my eye, a Rizzini with a side plate and the shortest removable chokes I have ever seen, It is a 27.5'' o/u with a cracking palm swell that comes up very quickly, my first thought was to give it a try on some roosting pigeon just to see how it handles and if ok to change the crappy recoil pad, replace it with a Browning one that I have lying in the drawer and keep it as an occasional skeet gun for my wife and at £150 providing it works without a kick like a Blackpool donkey, for that money, it's good for a project.

DSCF3912.JPG

DSCF3914.JPG

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
My first gun in 1988 but a fixed choke version, can’t remember the price but I think the only cheaper gun new then was a Baikal. Had it years never missed a beat. Have fun with it!!

I went over to my quarry perm yesterday just to put a few shots through the gun to see how it felt, loaded with a pair of Eley Pigeon Select 30gr, I walked up the tree lined edging to the little quarry, out came a pair of woodies only about 25mt in front of me, down they went so what a start, well pleased.   I then walked over to our clay trap and just sent a few birds off which this little gun handled very well indeed and to my surprise, the recoil even with the crappy pad was very comfortable although I might put the other pad on.  The barrels were very marked inside but after a good dose of Garlands solvent and then with the solid wire brush in the drill, they came up like new. 

I think little gun is staying in the cabinet for the occasional trip out.

Phil

E Rizzini I think? Looks very much like a gun a mate had way back. Don't recall him having any problems with his. 

My buddy used it yesterday for a very short session on pigeon n crows and now loves it. I got two imp cyl chokes and a half but ideally would love to get a 3/4 but doubt very much I can get one, not sure who the importer is/was for these, time for a bit of research.

I know she is a few years old but I really do like it, not in the same way as I loved my DT10 or CG but in a strange way, it is just very nice to use and well deserves it's place in the cabinet for those days out or for my wife to use.

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back