surprise !

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor Lecter

guess what  ?   I've bought myself a new gun , beretta 682 gold e trap 32"   its been steel proofed , and refurbished wood to a high standard , it has barrel selector fitted and has optima multi chokes    the gun is 2011  excellent condition with all original accessories   only two negatives  it weighs 7.15oz and i think its too high in the comb ( fixed stock )   shooting it Tuesday   fingers crossed !    any one have one, had one ?   your thoughts appreciated in advance     🤩

Congrats on the new gun, I'm sure you will enjoy it. Not had one myself but did have a go of one a few years back, it was a sporter and  a lovely gun. I'm sure a few people on here would of had one in the past, or even in the present. You can always get the gun fitted to you.

It must be that time of the year, because I'm looking at one or two more guns myself. Let us know how you get on with it.

Surprised it's high in the coomb, as with me and Beretta's they always seem too low 🙂. Is it the high rib one 

High comb is good . Don’t start shaving it down . Shooting instinctively gun down will be no problem . IMHO , for deliberate , long targets , float them over the bead .  High driven , a  trap gun is the business , book a day on pheasants or a sim day and let rip  . Of course all this is based on my particular prejudices and preferences  of using a 38 trap

,( disclaimer my opinions aren’t worth tuppence and carry no guarantee of being relevant to real life  . please feel free to butcher the masterpiece you have acquired  ) 

Funnily enough I have been thinking about a dedicated trap gun from Beretta, when you think about it the 682 is one of the best competition guns ever made. A few years ago, I bought  a 682 Gold E X high rib trap in 32'', what a heavy lump, I am no lightweight but this was heavy even picking it up from the barrels resting on my feet up to placing it in the shoulder, it shot well enough but not for me.  I was told the 30'' was a completely different animal, fast on the uptake and quite a deadly trap gun but I never found one locally for sale but low and behold there is one in Rob Halls that I saw on the website so perhaps a trip to the shop could be in order.  Sorry DL, I waffled on there.

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
Funnily enough I have been thinking about a dedicated trap gun from Beretta, when you think about it the 682 is one of the best competition guns ever made. A few years ago, I bought  a 682 Gold E X high rib trap in 32'', what a heavy lump, I am no lightweight but this was heavy even picking it up from the barrels resting on my feet up to placing it in the shoulder, it shot well enough but not for me.  I was told the 30'' was a completely different animal, fast on the uptake and quite a deadly trap gun but I never found one locally for sale but low and behold there is one in Rob Halls that I saw on the website so perhaps a trip to the shop could be in order.  Sorry DL, I waffled on there.

Phil
Well back in the 80’s/90’s I had two 682 X trap guns,a 30 and a 32,  yeah very heavy kit! Great for DTL but too much gun for fast trap, just my opinion of course. I had similar issues with a K80 in the end. But great guns all the same. 

well i shot about 75 clays today at orston with 3 mates    have to say the gold e was smooth to shoot  no recoil issues    we all shot pretty average  to be honest  , towards the end i was getting use to the new sight picture   seeing all the rib  , so jury out until Sunday east of England  100 esp    🤞  

well i shot about 75 clays today at orston with 3 mates    have to say the gold e was smooth to shoot  no recoil issues    we all shot pretty average  to be honest  , towards the end i was getting use to the new sight picture   seeing all the rib  , so jury out until Sunday east of England  100 esp    🤞  
Judging by the fact that you shot at Orston, Do you also shoot at Cockets Farm as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
East of England will be a severe test. Don't know how he does it but John Lee puts on clay's that look easy enough but they just don't break. 

Just wondered if you knew some friends, Barry Coleman and Keith Roe although I have not seen Keith in a long time, something I want to do this summer.

Phil
i have shot cockets  but not recently    i am terrible remembering names  ( age thing )    i don't shoot so much these days  £     😗 

Just wondered if you knew some friends, Barry Coleman and Keith Roe although I have not seen Keith in a long time, something I want to do this summer.

Phil
I saw Keith at Westfields a few months ago.  He had an op on his knee but apart from that he was in fine form. 

Latest posts

Back