Gun fitter

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A word of caution regarding Holland and Holland.  My shooting pal had read about gunfitting at Hollands and they advertised the going rate of £165. As his Son lives near London, the next time he went to stay with him, he booked a gunfitting session with them, for his new Beretta 694. He duly went, they spent an hour with him and altered his gun to suit, using his own cartridges. The Instructor then took him inside and over lunch, he was given his measurements for an accurate gunfit. His gun is the 'adjustable' 694. We have shot together since the 1970's and I know how is gun is shooting, we are almost identical in 'gunfit'. He had cranked the comb up far too high and I had told him this. Holland dropped the comb to almost flat, leaving one spacer washer on each post. The adjustment was quite a simple task. After lunch he was presented with his bill of nearly £250 !   Transpires, the advertised £165 is plus clays,  then  PLUS VAT. Oh and they had added the lunch bill on too. Although their service may be good, it comes at a price  !

A word of caution regarding Holland and Holland.  My shooting pal had read about gunfitting at Hollands and they advertised the going rate of £165. As his Son lives near London, the next time he went to stay with him, he booked a gunfitting session with them, for his new Beretta 694. He duly went, they spent an hour with him and altered his gun to suit, using his own cartridges. The Instructor then took him inside and over lunch, he was given his measurements for an accurate gunfit. His gun is the 'adjustable' 694. We have shot together since the 1970's and I know how is gun is shooting, we are almost identical in 'gunfit'. He had cranked the comb up far too high and I had told him this. Holland dropped the comb to almost flat, leaving one spacer washer on each post. The adjustment was quite a simple task. After lunch he was presented with his bill of nearly £250 !   Transpires, the advertised £165 is plus clays,  then  PLUS VAT. Oh and they had added the lunch bill on too. Although their service may be good, it comes at a price  !
A bit out of order when he was not advised of that fact before hand, not that this information is being noted as the OP has not been back on since the 16th.

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit out of order when he was not advised of that fact before hand, not that this information is being noted as the OP has not been back on since the 16th.
I have searched their website and a full list of their extensive services are given, along with the prices. I can not find any mention of the 'Plus VAT' anywhere on the pages. He was certainly NOT informed of the fact that VAT needed to be added at the time of booking, nor did he expect to have to pay for the Instructors lunch  !

Latest posts

Back